Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Saturday 7-4 Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

How did you celebrate your Fourth of July?

Yesterday, the governor announced that everyone had to wear a mask whenever they go to any business and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people without the approval of your local government. HEB had already announced they were requiring all employees and customers to wear a mask. Larry was excited to hear about these announcements. There were a few things we have wanted from HEB but Larry had not really wanted to go inside the store and we didn't need enough to do an online order from them. Since everyone now had to wear a mask he decided if he went inside early to avoid lots of people he could purchase what we wanted. I got up a bit early and he was out of the store by 8:00.  

Shopping at HEB

Afterwards we went across the street to the UPS Store to pick up our mail and a package that was waiting for us but it was closed. We forgot that it was the Fourth of July. Then we went to pick up our groceries at Walmart. 

Because of the Coronavirus we hadn't had a donut since February. We knew the drive through was open but we still had been avoiding stopping by. On the way home we stopped at Jack 'n' Jill Donuts and bought a couple of donuts. We were the only ones there.  

When we got home I did my daily challenges and Event: Spider Mini of 10 games. Today was a special day it was called Spider Saturday, where when ever you play any Spider games you get double the points. It took me 55 minutes and 19 seconds to complete the event. This put me in 10th place in my group. We watched two episodes of the GizWiz.

At 1:00 we attended a virtual square dance called Take A Peak with Dayle Hodge calling 2 tips of A2 and 2 tips of C1. For the A2 tips we had 131 people and the C1 had 114 people. Dayle did a great job of cueing for the tips, he did cue more for the A2. He is an excellent caller. We did very well. I lost my phantoms now and than and went the wrong way but Dayle would tell us where we needed to be. We had a great time.

After the dance I worked out using the Fitnation program. I did the fourth episode, which was The Metabolic Meltdown. The program I workout with was Matt Titus and Dr. Laura Miranda. They take turns during the workout and they have people working out at different levels. Today I did mainly the lower level. I had a great workout.

For our Fourth of July dinner we had Sister Schubert's dinner rolls and European bacon. After dinner we watched an Amazon movie called Once Is Enough. It was about a thirty-two year old chubby comedian who lost his mother to obesity and didn't want to die that way so he decided to run a hundred mile marathon through the Colorado mountains and lived to joke about it. It was a good documentary. Then we started to watch the 19th season of Midsomer Murders. Afterwards I continued to watch the fourth season of The Expanse. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in third place with 151,168 steps.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth