Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Friday 7-10 100 Degree Day

 

We hit 100 degrees today.


Trying to keep cool


Last night Larry did our weekly grocery shopping online at Walmart. The order was ready this morning around 7:00 am. I was still sleeping but Larry was awake, he gets up around 6:00. Larry picked up our groceries. This week there were a few substitutes and a couple that they couldn't substitute. It's good business for Walmart when they substitute items because it keeps customers happy. For us when they substitute items it's ok. When you submit your order you can indicate you don't want any substitutions or if you don't like the substitution they will take the item off when you pickup the order.

On the way home Larry stopped at Jack 'n' Jill Donuts. When he got home I was awake so I put the groceries away. Walmart gave us a thank you gift for using online grocery shopping. The gift was a Walmart recycle bag with some goodies: small bag of gummy vitamins, a couple of bottles of flavored water, Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix and a small container of laundry detergent. This was very nice of Walmart. 


Thank You gift from Walmart

After putting the grocery away I did my daily challenges and The Event: Free Cell Mini with 5 Free Cell games. I completed the games in 6 minutes and 59 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. Today our points were doubled when we played a Free Cell game. This was a special bonus. Then I worked on my puzzle.

In the afternoon I worked out for an hour using my Wii Fit and Gold's Gym.

After dinner we attended Ett's Friday A2 Dance at 6:00. She had 51 people Zoomed in, She called 5 tips. We did a lot better this week. We made fewer mistakes and didn't get frustrated.

Larry's sister Louise use to play card games at the senior center but it appears it might be a long while before it reopens. The other day Larry found out you could play card games online versus friends you invite or other people who are online, you can even play against the computer. He called Louise to see if he could help her set this up so she could play with her friends. It didn't take too long to figure it out and it worked really well. Not only could Larry and Louise play against each other they could see and talk to each other. Now this is real social distancing, your friends can be anywhere in the world. Very cool. Hopefully Louise can get some of her friends to join in.

While he helped her I worked out for a half hour using Just Dance. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing in front of the television. We started watching the 20th season of Midsomer Murders. I continued watching the third season of Line of Duty. I ended up doing 24,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth