Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 10, 2020

Thursday 7-9 Working Out and Dancing

Awesome Day

Summer is really here. We got up to 100 degrees. It was too hot to do anything outside so we stayed inside and kept busy.

In the morning I worked on my daily challenges and The Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 19 minutes and 8 second, which put me in 30th place in my group. While I did my computer games Larry read.

Today we attended three Virtual Square Dances. The first one was at 11:00 am, it was a C1 dance to Dayle Hodge. This was Dayle's first C1 Virtual Dance so in between each tip dancers gave him points on how the dance could be better. He was gracious for the suggestions. His format was the same as for his plus and A2 dances, two tips of dancing, one tip of workshop on moves dancers asked to work on and the last tip was dancing. Even though we made some mistakes the dance was excellent. After the dance he asked if anyone wanted to stay over to go over a modification of Tea Cup Chain, which is a plus move to work with two couples. We stayed after to help see if the call worked. We went over it a few times. I was confused until the last time and I figured out what I was doing wrong. It works great.


What am I doing wrong?
       
The second dance was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 Virtual Dance at 6:00 pm. Jeremy invited Jack Pladdys to help call the dance. Jack called two of the A2 tips and Jeremy called an A2 tip and the C1 tip. Jeremy had 51 participants in the A2 session and 48 in the C1 tip. We had a great time.

The third dance was Loren Smith's weekly Plus Virtual Dance at 8:00 pm. Tonight Loren called three 2 couple Plus tips and a four couple tip. Loren had 33 participants. We danced the whole dance, even the 4 couples tip. This week Loren cued a lot more on the 4 couples tip so people could get through the tip. We had a super time.

In between the three dances I decided to workout with my Wii Fit. I hadn't done this in 88 days I did the Wii Fit for 30 minutes and Just Dance for 30 minutes. It was a great workout.


Working Out
   
After the last dance I finished watching the second season of Line of Duty and started the third season. I did 26,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth