Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Friday 2-21 Family Get Together

Just having fun

We had a super day. It was a little cooler today with a wind. 

Louise and Shirley decided to go to a few thrift stores. Larry and I decided to drive around Tucson to see what has changed in the last thirty years. We drove around downtown and around our old stomping grounds. I was raised in Tucson and lived in the middle of town, near Swan and Broadway. Larry moved to Tucson when he was a teenager and was raised close to Marana, it was interesting to see the changes.

As we were driving around we drove by Bruegger's Bagels. Many years ago in Round Rock there was a Bruegger's Bagels. Sometimes when we were visiting Louise we would stop by and buy a couple of bagels. Then they went away. But here in Tucson there are a lot of them. We stopped in and bought a blueberry bagel and a raisin cinnamon bagel. They didn't seem to be like we remembered but still good.

Last night when we were celebrating Shirley's birthday her old office chair broke so we decided to replace it. On the way to her house we stopped by Office Depot and bought one.

When we got to Shirley's the three dogs were very excited to see us. They all came to the door to say hi. Wendy found out that we weren't Shirley so she ran away and hid. After saying hi Larry started to assemble the chair. While he was doing this Louise and Shirley showed up. We told Shirley the chair was another birthday present. She was very excited about it. Once the chair was assembled Shirley tested it out and Larry did a little adjustment to fit her height. It's a very nice chair.

It was lunchtime so I made everyone a ham sandwich. While we were eating Ray showed up and I made him a sandwich. All three of the dogs were my best friends because I was playing with ham. They also know I'm a sucker and will give them some of ham.

The ham we have been dining on was a bone in ham so after lunch I made ham hock and beans. We visited all afternoon and I played with the dogs.

While we were driving around my sister Alexis called and asked what day was the best to meet up with her and some of the family. We decided 6:00 tonight at Jethro's Cafe and Tavern, which is my brother Greg's place of business. Around 5:00 we started our journey to Jethro's, it's clear on the east side of Tucson. Louise decided not to go with us instead she visited with Ray. It didn't take as long as we expected. People who live in Tucson complain about the traffic. We tell them they don't know what traffic is until you drive down I35.

Alexis apologized that a lot of the family had other plans. My family who were there were Greg and his wife Roxy, Michael and his daughter Katherine and Alexis and Shirley. We had a very nice evening visiting with my family. Greg and Roxy have a very nice restaurant. 


Jethro's entrance
      
Left to right Alexis, me, Shirley, Michael, Catherine, Greg and Roxy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth