Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Monday 2-24 Sadie Hawkins Dance

Smile and have fun

We woke up a little after 6:00 to say good-bye to Louise but she was already gone. She left exactly at 6:00, she had over an hour to drive to get to Round Rock and she wanted to leave early to avoid the traffic on I35. 

After finding out Louise was gone I went back to bed, Larry stayed up. I finally crawled out of bed at 8:00.

After breakfast we decided to go for a walk and give the car a bath. We walked the Nolan Creek trail for about an hour. We started at Yettie Polk Park and walked to Confederate Park, then we turned around and walked from Confederate Park to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, where we turned around and went back to the car. As we walked we saw other people walking the trail. We also saw a group of Special Education students from Holland shooting hoops and playing on the swings. The walk was nice and peaceful along the shores of Nolan Creek.

Entrance sign to Yettie Polk Park

Nolan Creek


On the way home we swung by Walmart and filled the car. Then we went to Today's Car Wash to give the car a bath. While we were in Tucson it rained so the car was filthy. Larry wanted to get the under carriage cleaned again because of all the snow and salt we played in on our snow ski trip. He also wanted to put wax on the car so we decided to get the $16.00 wash, after running it trough the wash we wiped it down and vacuumed it out, it took a bit to get all the dirt off in the frame of the doors. The car looks pretty.

After lunch I decided to take a nap. I ended up taking almost a three hour nap I must have been really tired. 

Taking a nap

In the evening we went to Sun City to dance with the Sundancers. This year is Leap Year so the club decided to call the dance Sadie Hawkins, the ladies can choose who to dance with. We had six squares and a few people sitting out. The first two tips were mainstream tips but the rest of the tips were plus. We had enough people for two squares for an A2 tip. Our friends James and Jeanne were back in town and it was great to see them. Our friends DeAnn, Rick and Becky from Killeen were there and it was nice to visit with them. I got a chance to dance a couple of tips as a man.We had a lot of fun dancing with friends. 


 

When we got home from dancing with the Sundancers I watched a few episodes of Bones. I did my daily challenges. While visiting family in Tucson I only did 12,000 steps a day and it was below my goal of 15,200 steps. Now my goal is 14,000 steps but today I did 18,000 steps. We had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth