Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Tuesday 10-15-24 Dancing, Crafting, Games & Having Fun

 

Happy Tuesday


We had a wonderful day of having fun. It got into the mid 90's.

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 14 participants. Di worked on Right Turn and Deal and Left Turn and Deal. Di and Terry danced with us and this helped a lot. They also cued the moves through out the dance. Larry danced four of the tips with me. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends.




Get a partner and dance


After the dance we went to town, Larry wanted to renew his library card at the Temple Library and he wanted to mail a card to Chris and Joe Saltel. 

Before going to the post office and library we went to lunch. We decided to try out Cotton Patch Cafe in Temple. It was our first time to eat at a Cotton Patch. It is a chain restaurant with locations in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. We shared a bacon cheese burger and fries. The food was good and the service was great. 

The Cotton Patch Cafe is located in the local mall so after eating we walked around the mall. The mall has been struggling for years. We saw a few stores still there but no one was shopping in them. The mall itself is falling apart.

After lunch we went to the post office and mailed the card.

When we first moved to the area we wanted to get a library card. Our mailing address is in Belton but we live in the county outside of the city limits. The Belton library wouldn't let us join because we didn't live in the city. Temple would let anyone join their library for free. Today they let us renew the card but said since we live outside the city limits we would have to pay $30 a year to check anything out. No idea when they change their policy. This was a little disappointing. We seldom use the library but there is a book Larry wanted to read and they have a copy. The E-Book is available to purchase via Amazon for a reasonable price so he will probably do that.

 

 
Temple Library 
 
 
When we got back home I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.
 
 
 
Working out is fun
 
After working out I played pinball. I used the Random button, where the cabinet chooses three games to play. They were Game of Thrones, Goldeneye and Terminator 3. While playing Game of Thrones I entered my initials as the 4th high score and Terminator 3 I entered my initials as the 3rd high score. I also played the weekly challenge Elvira House of Horrors and got a new high score of 6,143,060, which put me in 16th place out of 26 participants.
 
 
 
Elvira House of Horrors
 
 

 
Game of Thrones
 
 

 
Goldeneye
 
 

 
Terminator 3
 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 19 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 5th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.
 
I worked on my diamond painting.
 
In the evening we continued watching the first season of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on Amazon. Then I watched The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.
 


 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth