Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 21, 2024

Sunday 10-20-24 Sundancer's Dance, Games, House Project & More

 

Having fun with friends


We had a wonderful day. The temperature got to 84 degrees.

We started the day off by doing a house project. Our back porch railing is made of plastic and during the tornado two of the pickets were damaged. They both had fairly large jagged holes.. We had one extra rail left from when we installed the railing. Today we decided to replace/repair the two damaged pieces. Larry removed the screws (6), that held the top rail onto the pickets. Then we removed the damaged rail and put a new one in it's place. The other damaged picket was in a different section. We removed the screws and the rail but this time we didn't have another picket. Larry decided to use the two broken ones to build one. He measured the distance he needed and cut the damaged parts off the old pickets. Then he used his mill to mill a piece of a  2X2 to fit inside the two pieces of pickets. The two pieces fit perfectly together and you can't tell. Then he screwed the screws back into the railing.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 52 minutes and 14 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

 

Working out


 

Larry continued playing with the old computer and VR.

Today started a new pinball challenge, which is Maverick. Larry downloaded the table and installed it on the pinball cabinet in both 2D and VR. Then he played it to make sure it worked correctly. I played last week challenge, which was Elvira House of Horrors. I didn't get a new high score but I came in 50th place out of 60 participants.Then I played the new challenge and got 33,689,516 as my first high score. I'm in 5th place out of 5 participants so far.

 

Maverick

 

Then I played three other games, which were Cactus Canyon, Elvira Party Monsters and Judge Dredd. I didn't get on the board but I had fun.

 

Cactus Canyon

 


Elvira Party Monsters

 


Judge Dredd


In the evening we went to Sun City to dance plus with the Sundancers. We had two squares plus an extra couple. Gary Bible did an excellent job of calling the two hour dance. Before the dance we saw Brad Caldwell and his wife Paula. We hadn't seen them in many years. Brad told us he is having a dance next Saturday. We have not danced to him in years and we are looking forward to the dance. We also danced with Bruce and Pam who we hadn't seen in about the same amount of time. We had a great evening of dancing with the Sundancers and to Gary. 

 


 

Dancing with friends


We got home about 9:00 and relaxed. When Larry went to bed I watched the second Hobbit movie, which was The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group for the week with the total of 121,310 steps.

 

 



      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth