Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, October 26, 2024

Friday 10-25-24 Dancing with Loren Smith, Harvey

 

Have a great weekend


We had a great day. 

We started the day out by doing errands. 

Our property taxes are due and if you pay them early you can save a few dollars. Here in Texas if you're 65 or older your taxes are frozen if you apply for it. We were planning to go to the Bell County Tax Assessor Office to pay them but Larry found out you can pay your taxes online, there is a small fee. If you use a credit card the fee is 3%, if you use your debt card the fee is 1% but if you use an e-check and pay directly out of your bank account the fee is only $.50 cents. Larry decided to use the e-check because it was easier than going to town.

Then we went to The UPS Store to get our mail, it has been more than a week. The next stop was Walmart to do a little grocery shopping. After shopping we went back home.

 

Doing errands

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 29 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I moved over to play Angry Birds.

Larry finished his paper project. Then he moved on to updating some software on the pinball cabinet. 

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. 

I played six different games of pinball. They were Maverick, World Joker Poker, Superman and the Justice League, Junk Yard, Metallica and The Flintstones. When playing Maverick I got a new high score for the challenge, which was 613,641,770. This moved me up one position, I'm now into 33st place out of 39 participants. I became Grand Champion in World Joker Poker and The Flintstones. I had a great afternoon of playing pinball.

 

 
Superman and the Justice League
 
 

Junk Yard


Maverick


Metallica


The Flintstones


World Joker Poker


 

After playing games I took a nap. When I woke up I continued working on my diamond painting of the Colorful Eye.

In the evening we attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance. She is still in Greece so Loren Smith filled in for her. He called four tips of A2 and one tip of C1. During the A2 tips we had 7 participants and C1 had 6 participants. We had a small group, probably because nobody sent an e-mail to remind folks about Loren calling. Even with a small group Larry and I had a great time dancing to Loren and with friends.

 

After the dance we watched Harvey starring Jimmy Stewart, it was a 1950 movie. We had not seen this movie in decades, it was still funny and very well acted. Then I watched Iron Man 2. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth