Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, October 18, 2024

Thursday 10-17-24 Errands, Home Projects, Crafting & Games

 


Have a super Thursday


We had a super day of doing this and that. It was nice and cool with the high of 74 degrees.

Larry woke me up at 8:30 to start the day out. I woke up a little earlier but fell back to sleep. I got up and got dressed. Then I had breakfast.

After breakfast we went to town. First we exchanged a couple of our grill propane tanks with new ones. We were surprised to see the exchange area was self-service. Larry put his credit card in the machine. Then a door opened for you to put your empty tank in. Once this was done the machine opened another door with a full tank for you to take. Because we had two tanks Larry had to do this two different times. 

Next was to recycle the old battery to get our core credited back to the credit card. While in Walmart we looked to see if they had gotten Taylor Farms salads back in stock, they haven't. We got a home delivery yesterday and they couldn't fill an item so we checked to see if they had it today. It was still out of stock.

The last errand was Dollar Tree to pick up some cookies to bake.

 

Doing errands


When we got home Larry did a couple of home projects. First was painting the back wall in the laundry room. When we got back from our Spring trip Larry had noticed we had a leak where the washing machine was. Larry pulled the washer out and fixed the leak. Then he dried the wall out. The wall was stained so today he decided to fix it. He removed the washer, cut out and replaced the old caulking and then primed the wall. Tomorrow he will paint it.

 

The wall before primer

 


The wall after primer 

 

A few days ago Larry noticed there were bees going in and out of one of the week holes in the brick of the house. He has tried treating the area with sprays but the bees aren't gone. So he ordered a roll of scuff pad to cut down and put in the weep holes. He had to cut the roll into pieces to fit in the holes and then he went around the entire house stuffing it in each hole. He is a bit worried about filling in the one hole the bees are using, he doesn't want to get stung by a bunch of mad bees. The bees don't seem to be aggressive but you never know. The bees have filled most of the hole with mud and are going in via a small opening. Larry quickly stuffed a piece of foam in the opening. 100's of bees were trying to get back in the hole, they were able to remove some of the mud they had put in the hole and get back in. I know Larry will figure out how to get rid of the bees.

 

Scuff pad roll

 


Scuff pad in the weep hole

 


Bees removing the mud


 I worked out on the Synth Riders for an hour.

Then I played four games of pinball. They were Elvira House of Horrors, The Machine Bride of Pin Bot, Goldeneye and Mettalica. While playing Elvira House of Horror I entered my initials as high score #3 and Metallica I entered my initials for high score #2. I hadn't played The Machine Bride of Pin Bot since the weekly challenge and I did very well. I had a very nice afternoon of playing pinball.


Goldeneye


Metallica


The Machine Bride of Pin Bot


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 2 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 8th in my group.

In the evening we started watching the second season of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Then I watched the third The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth