Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 14, 2024

Sunday 10-13-24 Plus Square Dancing, Minnie Project & Games

 

Awesome Day


It was a hot day with a high of 102 degrees. It felt like a summer day instead of a fall day. I can hardly wait for the temperatures to drop.


Keeping cool under the air conditioner


We started the day out by going outside and doing a Minnie project. The front air bags came in yesterday so Larry decided to replace them this morning. He wanted to do this before it got hot. To start the job he had to jack the Minnie up and remove the top shock absorber nut. The airbags go inside of the front springs, in order to replace them he had to unhook the airlines and remove the springs. To get the old bags out he had to cut them into pieces. Then he deflated the new bags and stuffed them inside the springs. Then he reassembled everything and put air in the bags. He checked to make sure them didn't leak. One did but he found the leak and fixed it. 

While Larry was removing the shock nuts he dropped one and can't find it. We went to town to get a replacement nut. First stop was O'Reilly Auto Parts, they didn't one, nor did Auto Zone. Then we stopped by Taco Bell and had lunch. After lunch we went to Ace Hardware Store. They also didn't have the nut. Tomorrow he will decide what to do about getting the nut.


New air bags for the Minnie


The old air bag



 I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 30 minutes and 56 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group.

Then I played last week challenge of pinball Deadpool. I didn't get a new high score but I came in 26th place out of 62 participants. The new weekly challenge is Elvira House of Horrors. Larry downloaded the game and installed it in both 2D and Virtual Reality. I played it and got a high score of 1,901710, which put me in 11th out of 12 participants. But we still have to six more days.

 

 
High score in Deadpool
 
 

High score in Elvira House of Horrors

 

I workout with the Synth Riders for an hour.

 

Working out

 

In the evening we did something special. We went to Sun City to dance with the Sundancers for their Plus dance from 6:00 to 8:00. We had exactly enough people for two squares. Gary Bible worked on Tea Cup Chain, Relay the Duecey, Spin Chain the Gears, Spin Chain the Gears and Exchange and Chase Right and Left. Everyone was happy to see us considering we hadn't danced with them since COVID happened. This was the first time we danced to Gary and had a great time.

 

Dancing with friends


When we got home we watched YouTube videos. When Larry went to bed I watched The Little Mermaid and The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea form our movies collection. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with a total of 121,264 steps.

 

 




   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth