Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, April 21, 2023

Thursday 4-20-23 Koomer Ridge Trail & Relaxing

 

Camping at Koomer Ridge Campground

This morning we woke up to 60 degrees. Larry didn't have to turn on the heater because it wasn't cold in the Minnie.

I crawled out of bed and got dressed and made pancakes. While we were eating breakfast we decided we would stay here another night.

After breakfast we went on a 4.5 mile hike. We hiked to the front entrance to pay for another night. Then we took the main road to the trailhead for Koomer Ridge and Hidden Arch Trail. Where it Yd off we took the Koomer Ridge Trail until it got to Grays Arch Loop trail. The loop was 4 miles and we decided that by the time we got back it would be further than we wanted to hike. We rested a little bit then we started our hike back to the campground on the same trail. The trail took us through the forest and we saw a lot of beautiful trees and wildflowers along the edge of the trail. Larry has learned how to use his phone to identify the flowers we saw. It was fun taking pictures and identifying the flowers. The hike was humid and we were glad that the forest protected us from the sun. We had a super hike.

Quaker Ladies

 

Wild Geranium

 

Common flower (Dandelions)

 

Dandelions

 

Iris Hollandica

We spent the rest of the day relaxing at the campsite. Yesterday Larry started another book and finished it today. I finished reading Hemingway's Daughter by Christine Whitehead. In reality Earnest Hemingway didn't have a daughter. This was a fiction story about a love between a father and daughter. the story was very good. I played the daily event, which was Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 23 seconds to complete, which put me in 24th place in my group. I didn't play the other games because I wanted to conserve power.

For dinner we barbecued sausage patties.

After dinner I walked around the campground for an hour and a half to get some steps in. By the end of the day I put in 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth