Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 3, 2023

Sunday 4-2-23 Severe Weather & Playing Games

 

Happy Sunday

Spring weather can be interesting. In the evening a severe weather alert popped up on the phone and a bit later we had a tornado watch warning go off. We ended up getting a lot of rain and some wind but fortunately nothing damaging. 

Over a year ago Larry quit watching the news so all of our TV watching has been shows we stream. Larry turned the TV on for a few minutes to check on the weather, it seemed strange to watch something on live TV.

I spent most of the day playing games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. In the morning I played the event, which was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 57 minutes and 23 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. 

I started my new weekly challenge on the pinball cabinet. This week it's Star Wars. We already have the game so Larry didn't have to install it. He just changed the game from 5 balls to 3 balls. I played it and got a high score of 74,807,240. Afterwards I played Tales of the Arabian Nights, Playboy and Attack From Mars. We have two version of Playboy and I played the old style pinball version. It was fun.

Star Wars high score

 

Attack From Mars

 

Tales of the Arabian Nights

I played some games on the arcade cabinet, three pinball games (Diner, Junkyard and Fast Break), two slots (Blue Moon and Berserk) and two poker (High Roller and Big 40 Poker). The two slots were new to me. Blue Moon was a great screen because the numbers and figures were big and you can read them. Berserk was fun because it paid out often. When it pays out you make a choice to spin again or repeat the pay out. They were both fun to play.   

Berserk

 

Blue Moon

 

High Roller Poker

 

Big 40 Poker

This week on Joe Uebelacker Caller in Cars with Drinks Loren Smith was invited to talk about his calling life. Loren is the third generation caller from Alberta Canada. He started dancing when he was 13. Larry and I have been dancing to him for over three years on Zoom. This week 21 people participated in this session. It was a very good session.


Loren Smith

 

Joe Uebelacker

I attended Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30 pm for an hour and a half. Loren called three tips of A2 to 16 participants, two tips of C1 teach to 12 participants and two tips of C1 to 11 participants. During the teach tips Loren taught Anything the Windmill. Loren helped me when I was wrong by telling me what formation it was and where I should be. I had a super time dancing to Loren and with friends.

While I danced and play games Larry read. He started a new book today on his Kindle.

After the dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I watched the Shaggy Dog on Disney. It was about a boy, who turn into a shaggy dog and helps catching spies. It was 1959 movie starring Fred MacMurray, Jean Hagen and Tommy Kirk as the Shaggy Dog. It was cute. Afterwards I watched an episode of Hinterland. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 190,236 steps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth