Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, April 17, 2023

Sunday 4-16-23 Rain & Relaxing Day

 

Camping at Mammoth Cave National Park

The rain came in around 11:00 pm and it rained into the morning. It finally stopped about 11:00 am but the clouds and wind stayed around

We were going to move on but Larry really didn't want to drive on wet roads. With the cold and rain we really wanted someplace with power. We put things down and went to the dump station. We dumped the tanks and filled the fresh water tank. Then Larry parked the Minnie at the store and walked over to the check in booth.

The campground has a couple of full hookup sites that use to be camp hosts sites. They no longer have the host so they opened them up to the public, they are first come first serve for $50.00 a night. They had one of the full hookup sites available and with our senior pass for the federal parks it was $25.00. This was great. We love our senior passes. 

Larry backed into the site, which was right by the store, showers, check in booth and close to the visitor center. The site is beautiful with a picnic table, fire ring, sewage dump, water, power and paved walking area. I was happy, now I can play my games, plug in the heater and use the microwave. I really don't mind not having power because we do have an oven and stove. For heat we have the Wave 3 propane heater, it hasn't been very cold so we haven't used it yet this trip but today it was damp, windy and chilly.

Larry spent the day reading and relaxing.

The last four days we weren't connected to power so I limited myself to playing games. But today we have power so I caught up with my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong.  I wasn't sure that I was going to get caught up on my Mahjong because the internet was slow and it kept knocking me off. But I was successful. I also did the event, which was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 38 seconds, which put me in 7th place in my group.  I walked around the campground for two hours and got 15,000 steps and walked six miles. I ended up doing 22,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group for the week with 183,332 steps.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth