Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Wednesday 4-19-23 Silvermine Arch Trail & Having Fun

 

Camping in Daniel Boone National Forest

This morning was a little warmer than yesterday, it was 50 degrees. It got in the 80s. When Larry woke up he turned on the Wave heater because it was a little cool in the Minnie. But it was a great temperature to sleep in.

I crawled out of bed around 7:15. Then I made pancakes for breakfast. 

After breakfast we went on a 3 mile hike. We started at the campground and took the Silvermine Arch Trail. The trail has a lot of roots and rocks and a couple of fallen trees.. It went up and down hills and through the forest. We had to climb on sandstone slabs at places and stairs. One area had a steep 80 step staircase that went almost straight down. We had to climb it down and back up. There were a couple of small staircases of 10 steps by the arch. We were pleasantly surprised that the Silvermine Arch was a beautiful cave with an arch in it. At one place there was an opening where the sun shined through. It was a lot better than the Hidden Arch. Along the trail we saw beautiful great laurels. The views of the area around us were very pretty. On our return we followed the trail all the way back to the campground entrance. Then we headed to the Cliff trail which goes in between the two camping loops. While hiking this trail we stopped in a few place to look at the beautiful scenery. We were surprised that it had great vistas. We had a fantastic hike.

Silvermine Arch

 

One of the short staircase of 10 steps

 

A view of the Red River Gorge

 

80 step staircase

The rest of the day we relaxed. Larry read and I played games. I got caught up with the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and did the Daily Challenge for today of Mahjong. I did the event, which was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Spider and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 17 minutes and 31 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. After playing games I read.

For dinner we barbecued pork ribs. After dinner I walked around for an hour and a half. During my walk I talked to the campground hosts and thanked them for their hard work. I also talked to our neighbor, he has a gorgeous lab named Chilly. When I got back from the walk I finished doing 27,000 steps. This puts me in 2nd place in my group.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth