Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Saturday 4-8-23 Spring Trip Begins - Travel to Arkansas

 

Bluebonnets in a field

We woke up around 7:30, it was drizzling so we took our time getting going. 

We waited until around 9;00 for the drizzle to stop then I helped Larry put the motorcycle carrier on the back of the Minnie. Afterwards we loaded up the motorcycle. We had to strap it down, put the cover on and strap that down. We also put a gallon gas container on the carrier to haul extra fuel, the motorcycle gas tank holds less than two gallons, there have been numerous times where we have had to use fuel from the gas container to keep us from running out. Then Larry moved onto airing up the air bags on the Minnie.

While Larry finished up outside I vacuumed the house and put a small cooler together. Before leaving we had lunch. As we were leaving Larry turned off the water to the house. We were on the road by 11:30.

Larry drove 310 miles on interstates. We drove through Waco, Dallas area, Texarkana all the way to Hope, Arkansas. On the way we stopped to stretch our legs and go to the bathroom. As we were driving we saw a lot of wildflowers growing along the edges of the interstate and in the fields. I took a picture of bluebonnets, which is above. 

We stopped at Buc-ee's in Royse City, Tx. While there we bought a huge cinnamon roll with pecans and a rice crispy with caramel. We saw Buc-ee himself so of course Larry took a picture of me with him. Buc-ee's was busy but we have seen it a lot busier. Maybe because it was 3:30 in the afternoon. 

Buc-ee and me having fun

We stopped at the Arkansas Visitor center. It was closed but Larry picked up a couple of books (motorcycle rides in Arkansas and the state parks). We got to Hope about 6:30 and decided to stop at the Walmart for the night. Larry had driven about seven hours and he was tired. We had sandwiches for dinner and the cinnamon roll for dessert. 

I ended up doing 25,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. I only played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed last night. I didn't play the event because we were camping with limited power. That's ok. Have fun.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth