Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Tuesday 4-25-23 Hiking Cumberland River Trail

 

Wildflowers at Cumberland Falls

We woke up to another chilly morning with the temperature in the 30s. Our small heater was having a hard time keeping up. 

Larry got up at 6:00, I also got up but after going to the bathroom I went back to bed for another hour and a half. When I got up the oven was heating up to temperature for cinnamon rolls. Once the oven was to temperature in went the rolls, fifteen minutes later we had fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

Today's hike started the same as yesterday. We picked up the #5 trail at site #39. We hiked down hill through the forest. We had to cross creeks via bridges or rocks. One bridge we walked on was donated to the park in 2010. It was in great shape. We walked down the 90 step staircase to the trail marker for #2 and #5. We took #2, which was to the left. The trail took us along the banks of Cumberland River and through the forest. At one place tress had fallen across the trail so someone made a temporary trail, they marked it with red flags. It was nice of them but they forgot to mark where you get back on the trail. We did a little exploring and found our way back to the trail. Larry is very good at figuring out where to go and I just follow him. While hiking we had to cross a creek and Larry had to help me by having me crab his pole. Whenever I have to cross a creek using rocks or jumping I hesitant, that can get me into trouble so Larry will help me.The Cumberland River trail was beautiful through the forest and had unbelievable rock walls. Once we were at the end we took the same route back to the Minnie. On the way back we met a couple with a young dog, he was pulling mom through the forest. He was full of energy. We had a super hike.

The hiking trail

 

Cumberland River

We relaxed the rest of the day. Larry read and I played my games. I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event, which was Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 41 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. I did a couple of Sudoku puzzles. 

I haven't done laundry in over two weeks. It was a perfect day for laundry.

Last night I started reading Universe of Two by Stephen P. Kiernan. When I started it last night I didn't know the title and who wrote it. I just started reading it and I thought a woman wrote it because it was written in the first person point of view (Brenda Dubie) one of the main characters. It's good so far. I continued reading it tonight.

We barbecued sausage links for dinner. We had tatter tots to go with them. After dinner I walked around for about an hour. While I walked around I visited with a few of our neighbors (a couple out of Florida and another couple out of Alabama). By the end of the night I had done 20,049 steps on our phone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth