Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Saturday 4-29-23 Beautiful Day & Walking

Entrance sign to Cumberland Gap National Historical Park

We had a beautiful day. The rain was gone. The day started in the 50s and ended in the low 70's. It started with sunshine and then the clouds rolled in which made it humid.

About 9:30 we decided to go for a walk. We walked to a hiking trailhead hoping to walk the trail but didn't get far when we decided that it was going to be too wet. We walked the campground past the amphitheater to the trailhead we used a couple of days ago. The trail starts off on an old road so it had gravel. The road is called Colson Lane. One way it went to the highway and the other went to a Y. At the Y to the right went to Gibson Gap trailhead and the left takes you to Honey Tree Spur Trail. We took the road to the highway. Then turned around and went past the stables to the Y. Before getting to the Y we stopped at the stables to see if we could see the horse but we only heard it. We went to the right and walked over the creek via a bridge. On the other side of the bridge we got to the Gibson Gap sign where we turned around. On the way back to the stable Larry pointed out the horse was in the meadow. We stopped and I walked to the fence to get a picture. He saw us and met me at the fence. He wanted to be petted but we weren't sure if it bites. I just talked to him and he posed for a picture. Then we walked back to the campground and walked around it. By the time we got back we had walked for about an hour. I forgot to turn on the step program on the phone so I don't know how far we went. My guess it was about 2 miles. It was humid.

Colson Road
 

The creek flowing under the bridge

 

Beautiful friendly horse

We spent the rest of the day in the Minnie. Larry finished a book and started another one. I continued reading Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner.

I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event, which was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group.

In the afternoon Larry and I went over and took a shower. It was a great shower and the room was big. The showers are separate from the bathrooms. 

After dinner I walked around the campground for a total of 3 miles and 7,266 steps. As I was walking around a local, who was camping in the park started talking to me. I ended up talking to her for about a half hour. I didn't get as many steps as I wanted but I probably did about 10,000 steps for the day.

 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth