Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Friday 4-28-23 Rainy Day of Camping

Playing in the rain

It rained steady until 3:00 and then it stopped, then an hour later it started up again. It rained on and off for the rest of the day.

I woke up before 7:00 this morning because I had to go to the bathroom. Of course Larry was already up. I decided to stay up. I started the oven so we could have cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

We didn't do anything all day but hang around the Minnie keeping dry. Larry finished a book and wrote a review on it. Larry uses Goodreads, a online book tracking website to keep up with all of our books. Whenever he finishes a book he gives it a rating and writes a short review. This makes it really easy to know if he has already read a book and what he thought of it. Before he gets a new book he always checks to see if he has read the book or another book by that author. If he previously read something by the author that he did not like he will avoid getting anymore of his/her books.  I should write reviews on the books I read but I don't. Since I like the same books as Larry I simply have him choose books for me. By doing this I only read books that he has rated very highly. 

I finished Universe of Two by Stephen P. Kiernan. The book was outstanding. It was a fiction book based on an actual person, Charles Brenton Fisk, he was involved in building the nuclear bomb in World War II. Afterwards he changed his career from atomic physics to building organs. He was the co-founder of C.B. Fisk, Inc., which is a firm that has built respected organs around the world. Stephen P. Kiernan is a great writer. 

Afterwards I had Larry choose another book for me to read. The book he suggested was Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner.   

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the event. which was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 46 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group.

It wasn't a great day for steps, I only did 3,000. This was when Larry and I walked around the campground for a half hour. 

When the rain stopped a lot of campers decided to get out of campers and walk around. Some people had dogs and they needed to go for a walk. As we were walking we saw a small Eastern box turtle in road. The walk was very humid but we needed to get out of the Minnie.

Eastern box turtle

Hopefully the rain will go away by tomorrow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth