Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Tuesday 4-18-23 Hiking & Relaxing

Sunrise at Koomer Ridge Campground

We woke up to a brisk 40 degrees. I was glad Larry had turned on the Wave 3 heater. I crawled out of bed just in time to see the sunrise. We are just barely in the eastern time zone so it stays light longer and the sun doesn't come up until after 7:00 am.

After taking a picture of the sunrise I made pancakes for breakfast. Then we went on a 3 mile hike. We started at the campground trailhead and hiked through the forest to the amphitheater, then to the trailhead parking lot. From there we picked up the trail to the Hidden Arch loop trail. It was a beautiful trail that weaved through the forest. We hiked along a ledge that looked over the Red River Gorge. As we hiked on the edge of the trail there were gorgeous Great laurels. This is the first time I remember seeing them. We let a couple of gentlemen pass us because they were hiking a little faster. We stopped occasionally to look at the scenery. In order to get to the arch we had to climb down a steep staircase but it had railings that helped. The arch was very pretty.. As we continued the hike we saw beautiful formations caused by the water and one place we heard and saw water falling over the side of the mountain. After seeing the hidden arch we ascended using another steep staircase. When we got back to the amphitheater we rested before finishing the trail. We had a great hike.

Climbing down the staircase to the hidden arch

 

Larry at the bottom of the staircase

 

Hidden arch

 

The hidden arch

 

Great Laurels

We spent the rest of the day relaxing. Larry finished a book and started another. I played the event, which was Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. I only completed 27 of the games because the sun was going away. I wanted to conserve power since at this park our only power is from our solar panels. The solar panels did an outstanding job. I also did my jazz routine.

Camping at Koomer Ridge Campground

During our drive yesterday we snacked on beef jerky that was given to us at Christmas by Louise. We save the jerky for our long trips. We finished the bag today. It's a perfect snack.

Delicious snack on our trip

After dinner I walked around the campground for an hour and a half to get some of my steps. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. 

We had a great day.

   .            

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth