Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Friday 3-31-23 Dancing, Playing Games & Having Fun

 

Minnie

We had a hot day with the high of 87 degrees at 3:00 pm. A front came through a half hour later and the temperature dropped to 71 degrees. The front brought in a hard rain.

Hard rain

Larry started the day off by calling Wisener's to find out the status of the Minnie. He left a message. By 3:30 we hadn't heard back so we went to the shop. They looked at it but couldn't diagnose the problem. The Minnie is old, 1995, all vehicles built from 1996 onward have an OBD2 connector that is used to help diagnose problems. Before that each manufacture had their own form of diagnostics tool, the Minnie has an OBD1 connector. They did not have an actual OBD1 code reader so they were trying to use a newer tool with an adapter and they could not get it to work. Larry has an OBD1 tool so we went home and got it, we went back and the gentleman was really surprised that Larry had one. Larry left the tool and factory manuals with the gentleman at the desk. They will not be able to continue to work on it until Monday.

While we were at the shop the rain came in and it was pouring so Larry waited inside the shop for the rain to slow down. The rain didn't last long. We were back at the house by 4:30.

We started the day by going grocery shopping. On the way home we swung by Jack 'n' Jill donuts and bought donuts,

We tried two new food items. For lunch we had a deli sandwich from HEB called Antone's Po Boy. For dinner we had Auntie Anne's Pretzel Dogs. This was the first time we had them and they were ok.

Auntie Anne's Pretzel Dogs

Larry finished reading a third book on his Kindle.

When we got home I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Hard Road Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 49 minutes and 33 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

I played Harlem Globetrotters on Tour and got a new high score of 162,660. Then I played Wild Wild West on the pinball cabinet. I went to the arcade cabinet and played three arcade games (Popeye, Pleiades and Pac-Man), one slot game (Lotty Time) and two pinball games (Pirate of the Caribbean and Iron Man). Pleiades is where you shot down enemy crafts. This was the first time I played Iron Man on this machine and I had fun. 

New high score

Iron Man

 

Pirates of the Caribbean

 

Pleiades

 

Wild Wild West

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. She called five tips to 12 participants. We just danced and she repeated sequences we were having problems with. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends.

After the dance we watched two episodes of Poirot. Then I watched The Fox and The Hound 2 on Disney. It was about Tod (fox) and Copper (hound) when they joined the circus. Copper joined a band of stray dogs. I liked it very much. Afterwards I watched the third episode of Hinterland. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.  

        


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth