Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Wednesday 1-29 Driver Licenses


Having fun

We had a cold day, it didn't get out of the low 50s. We had a breeze out of the north.

I mentioned a couple of days ago about renewing our driver licenses. We had heard from friends they had to stand in line for hours. Larry tried to make an appointment to get our licenses done but he couldn't. We decided to go down to the Department of Transportation to renew our licenses this morning. The line wasn't too long but only three people could be in line in the building, another three could be in the foyer and the rest had to wait outside . We were lucky we didn't have to wait outside. To renew your license you need either a birth certificate or a passport. Many people were sent home because they didn't bring either one. Larry had checked the website and it was very confusing on what was needed so he decided to bring our social security cards and passports just to be on the safe side. He had also printed out the applications and filled them out. Once we were checked in we had many seats to sit on. It only took us a few minutes after we were checked in to get our licenses renewed. It took about an hour to go through the process. It probably will take a lot longer in the summertime. 

In the afternoon I worked on my jigsaw puzzle. I also started reading an e-book called The Hummingbird by Stephen P. Kiernan. I've only read a couple of chapters but I like it so far.

In the evening we went to Sun City to attend the Sundancers new A2 Dance. This was the first week for the dance, the caller was Dan Clairmont. We had three squares plus an extra couple. The two rooms we had were small so the middle square of dancers had to go opposite as the other square. The head couples were side couples and the side couples were heads. Dan did a great job of calling. We had a great evening of dancing with friends.




When we got home I started watching season seven of Bones. I watched four episodes. Then I did my daily challenges of Solitaire. Earlier I did the World Tour Mini (8), I didn't do too well I came in 84th. We had a super day.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth