Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 20, 2020

Sunday 1-19 Goldwing Express Show

Laid back day

Relax and enjoy your Sunday!! 

Last night it got down into the low 50s and it didn't get out of 60s. We had wind out of the north so it made it a little cooler. 

We hung around the Minnie all morning. I played my daily challenges, which is five Solitaire games a day. You have all month to solve the games. Sometimes you need that amount of time. Yesterday, when I was finishing up The World Tour Event, 30 games I stayed up until 2:30 trying to solve the final game. I finally gave up and went to bed. Even though I didn't finish I still came in 23rd in my group. Today I get a break from the special events but tomorrow I'll be back in the saddle. Tomorrow Solitaire Event is The World Tour Event of 30 games to solve in 24 hours. Larry and I read.

Relaxing with a book
In the afternoon we went to Mission West RV Park to see The Goldwing Express, it was their final show in the Valley. They have been performing in the Rio Grande Valley for 10 years. For the last three years they have also been performing in Branson at Dolly Parton's Stampede. This year they will be there for 11 months and perform about 600 shows. They want to spend more time with their families. Goldwing Express is a family group; Bob Baldridge (dad) on the mandolin, Paul on the guitar(oldest son), Steven on the banjo and Dobro (middle son) and Shawn on the bass guitar (youngest son). They perform old Country, Bluegrass and Gospel. They did a cute song giving tribute to their Native American Indian culture. They did a good job entertaining the audience.


Goldwing Express in the first half of the show

Dad, Stephen and Paul having a great time

Shawn on the bass guitar

Stephen showing his talent on the banjo
Goldwing Express paying tribute to their Native American culture

Once we were home we spent the rest of the day relaxing and reading. I started doing my steps after dinner. I walked around J-Five five times. Then I finished my 16,500 steps by stepping in place. We had a wonderful day.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth