Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Tuesday 1-14 Dancing and Bingo



We had a terrific day. The humidity was once again high but the clouds were gone.

We started the day out by going to Tropic Star in Pharr to dance A2 with Joe Saltel. We had 31 couples, which made 7 squares with three couples sitting out. It was a super morning of dancing. Our friends from Canada, Gorgon and Jeane showed up. Joe is always a pleasure to dance to because he is always laughing and having a great time. He makes the dancers enjoy the dance because of his personality. He worked on Zig and Zag, Zig is to turn to the right and Zag is to turn to the left. What made it hard was he did it as couples. He also worked on different couple concepts. We had an outstanding morning dancing to Joe.

Yesterday, when I was talking to Len I told him I would wear my pink cowboy hat if he would wear his cowboy hat. Well, I showed up wearing mine but he forgot his. He felt bad so we agreed to try next week. I got a lot of compliments on the hat so I won't mind wearing it again.

We had an hour for lunch so we went to What A Burger and shared a salad. While we were eating a couple we know from Ohio, Myrna and Ken joined us, they just arrived this week. It was a pleasure to spend lunch with friends.

After lunch we were back on the floor dancing C1 to Darryl Lipscomb. We had eight and a half squares. Darryl walked us through calls we were having trouble with. He put us in weird positions but it was fun. We had super afternoon of dancing to Darryl and friends.




In the evening I went across the street to the J-Five hall and played Bingo. We had a great turnout. The payback was 12 at $3.45 and 2 at $10.00. We played a lot of different games, the 2 that paid $10.00 was the blackout. It cost me $3.60 for three cards and I won one game at $3.45. I bought a diet coke. Diana and Ruth ran the Bingo, they baked cookies (peanut butter and oatmeal raisin) for refreshments. We played 7 games and then took a break. I had a wonderful night playing bingo. While I played bingo Larry read. We had a super day.  


Bingo night at J-Five

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth