Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Tuesday 1-21 Dancing and Bingo


Laughing makes you feel good

Today was chilly with a wind out of the north. When we left for our first dance in the morning the sun was shining but as we were driving the sun went away and we did not see it again.

Our first dance was at Tropic Star with Joe Saltel. It was an A2 dance with nine squares plus three extra couples. Overall the dancers were very good but we did end up in a couple of squares that broke down a bit. Karen brought me another hat and a belly dance belt. The hat is green and it lights up. The belly dance belt was very close to the belt I was wearing except the jingles were gold and I had silver. I loaned it to Sharon so we got be twins. At the end of the dance she gave it back. I thanked Karen for the hat and belt. We had fun dancing to Joe and with friends.

For lunch we went to Burger King and had a couple of tacos.

At 1:00 we were back on the floor dancing C1 with Darryl Lipscomb. We had exactly nine squares. Everyone had to dance each tip. One couple needed to be out one tip to rest so three other couples volunteered to sit out, we were one of them. Before the dance began our friend Sharon from Colorado asked Darryl to go over Magic Column Transfer the Column. We were asked to help make a square. We had a great afternoon of dancing with friends and Darryl.

In the evening I went over and played Bingo with our J-Five friends. We had 20 people show up. I paid $3.70 to play three cards. We played 7 games, took a break and than played another 7 games. Every other game was a regular bingo. The other three were different types of bingo. The 7th game in both sets were cover all. The six games payback were $2.70 and the cover all was $8.00. The first one I won I had to share with three other people so we all got $.70 cents. I won another one that I didn't have to share so I received $3.70. I had a great time.

Bingo night at J-Five

When I got back to the Minnie I did some steps. I did a total of 15,000 steps, which was about 300 steps over my goal. I was too tired to do the full 16,500 steps. I finished reading Oil and Marble by Stephanie Storey. It was very good. It was a fiction book about Leonardo and Michelangelo. We had a great day of dancing and having fun with friends.


Reading is fun
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth