Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Monday 1-27 Another Beautiful Day

Another beautiful day

This morning I got up around 8:00 and the fog was rolling in, by mid morning the sun burned off the fog. It was cooler today, it got up to the mid 60s.

After breakfast we decided to go to town to do some errands. We were going to go for a walk but my right knee was bugging me so we decided it would be better to let it rest.

A couple of years ago we recovered the seat of the couch in the Minnie and replaced the foam. We only did the seat so the rest of the couch is a different material. We had some of the material left but not enough to cover the rest of the couch. We had bought it at Hobby Lobby so this morning we took a small piece of the material and stopped by, we discovered they no longer carry that material. Larry talked to the ladies working there and while they both recognized the material they didn't know who made it or have any idea who might be able to obtain any. When we got home Larry went online. He found there was hundreds of companies that sell upholstery cloth and it may be impossible to find the exact same material. Not terrible news, we can simply continue on as it is.

On the way home we stopped by Walmart to do some shopping. While there we checked out Fire Ant killers. We found Amdro but we will wait for a bit and see if it goes on sale. Yesterday I used the last of our charcoal so we looked at the charcoal. We don't use charcoal often and the HEB store brand is less expensive than what Walmart has so we will pick some up later. We didn't leave empty handed, we did purchase some grocery items. To check out we used the self serve register, we had a gift card from Larry's mother and we could not figure out how to use it, Larry asked the clerk, she knew exactly what we were doing wrong and got us finished up.


Grocery Shopping

When we were on our trip last fall Larry received a notice that he needed to update his driver license to one that meets the new federal requirements. I didn't get a letter because mine expires this year. He got online to see what he needed to do. He found the form and printed one for both of us. He filled them out and went to the Temple Driver License site to schedule a time to go into the office and renew. The website said Temple supported this but it was not working. We will try again in a day or two. 

Larry read in the afternoon and I took a nap. My knee was feeling better so we were going to go to the Sundancers Monday dance. While I was barbecuing sausage patties my knee started acting up again. I told Larry I had to pass on going dancing because I like to twist and turn and I was worried my knee wouldn't hold up. Instead we stayed home and finished watching Resistance. Then we watched a few YouTube music videos. Then I watched a few episodes of Bones. I did my daily challenges I did my steps of 15,500.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth