Happy Birthday Larry
Happy Birthday honey.
We had another gorgeous day with the low temperature of 36 degrees.
Larry woke up about 5:45 am, this is normal for him. He received a phone call from his mom about 6:30. He wasn't sure who would be calling that early. She told him when she wakes up she gets up, might be really early, sometimes at 5:00 am. She called to wish him a happy birthday. He didn't stay on the phone long because he didn't want to disturb me while I slept. It's an hour behind in Tucson, which made his mom's time 5:48.
Larry's also received a call from his sister wishing him a happy birthday.
I rolled out of bed at 7:00 am and made oatmeal for breakfast. After breakfast we got ready to go on a hike.
Today we went on a 2.5 hour hike on five trails, which were Fallen Tree, Bob Fish, Lateral, Rift and Turquois Lake. We walked from the campground via the road and picked up Fallen Tree trail. This trail took us to Bob Fish trail about .75 mile. Then we hiked Bob Fish trail, part of Lateral trail and Rift trail until we got to Turquois Lake Trail, which about 2.25 miles. We hiked Turquois Lake trail back to the campground another mile. The trails took us up and down hills and through the forest and open area. In the open area we saw some of the forest starting to come back from a fire many year ago. The terrain on the trails were about the same easy to moderate. The trails had roots, rocks and needle from the pines. We saw a chipmunk, it was busy looking for stuff to eat. It one point it came very close to us thinking maybe we had food for it. We heard the birds chirping in the tree. The forest is gorgeous with tall pines and other trees. We rested now and then on a log or big boulder. When we got to the lake trail we walked to a log, that looked over the lake. As we rested we saw someone wakeboarding and a few fishermen. We didn't see anyone hiking today. When the trail intersected each other there was a trail sign and map showing you where you were and where to go. The weather was great. We had a super hike.
Turquois Lake Trail
Bob Fish Trail
One of the trail signs
By the time we got back to the Minnie it was 10:30 am. When lunchtime came around we had leftover seasoned pork for lunch.
After lunch Larry did a little project on the Minnie. Larry had replaced the motor and seal of the air conditioner after our fall trip last October. He noticed that the air conditioner wasn't straight on the roof. After lunch he decided to straighten it. We took the motor cycle off it's carrier so he could get to the ladder to get on the roof. It took him about an hour to straighten it. It looks great.
For Larry's birthday we were going to go to the ice cream parlor in town but rain was in the area and it got windy. Instead I baked him cookies (peanut butter and chocolate chips). I made a dozen of them. We kept six cookies and I gave neighbors the rest. One of the neighbors couldn't have any cookies but her friend could so I left them four cookies. The other neighbor Ron, who's from Tucson said he could have cookies so I gave him two.
In between hiking, walking and the project Larry read. I continued reading The Remains of the Day.
I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Pyramid and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 11 minutes and 9 seconds to complete, which put me in 24th in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.
For dinner we had a bake. When we finished dinner we went on our evening walk. I walked 3.25 miles and Larry walked a mile of it with me. We walked to Silver Dollar Campground and did the first loop. Then we came back. Larry went back to the Minnie I decided to walk back to Silver Dollar Campground and do both loops. By the time I got back I was tired. After resting I baked the cookies.
By the end of the day I had done 20,500 steps, which is a little over 9 miles.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth