Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 21, 2026

Thursday 8-20-26 Fall Trip Begins & Hamlin City Park

 

Jones County Courthouse in Anson Texas



Our Fall Trip began today. 

It was suppose to get up to 105 degrees and we wanted to beat the heat. I rolled out of bed at 6:30 am and got dressed. We loaded a few items and double checked to see if we got everything. We had a bagel for breakfast. Then Larry turned off the water heater under the sink in the kitchen, I turned off the ice maker and Larry turned off the water to the house. We were on the road by 7:00 am. 

When we left the house the temperature was 76 degrees in Belton Texas. By the end of the day we were in Hamlin Texas, at 4:00 pm the temperature was 105 degrees. It was a hot day, we were glad we had power in Hamlin. The air conditioner run constantly until the sun started to go down. It turned on and off all night.




Hot summer day


 Larry drove 235 miles on two lane highways and occasionally a four lane highway. We drove by Gatesville, Hamilton, Comanche, Rising Star, Abilene and Angon. We drove through other small towns. When we got to Comanche Larry stopped at Donut Palace to buy donuts. We drove by the Jones County Courthouse in Angon. It was beautiful. When we got to Abilene we stopped at Allsup and filled the Minnie with gas. Abilene is 40 miles from Hamlin. I dozed off now and then. 

We arrived at Hamlin at 11:30 am. We aet up the Minnie for the night. The first night is free and additional  nights are $15 per night.  





Hamlin City Park entrance




After setting up for the night we had a sandwich for lunch. We spent the day keeping cool under the air conditioner. Larry started and finished a book. I played games.

I played the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and Mahjong from yesterday and today. The event was Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 59 minutes and 46 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

In the evening I walked around the park.  I walked for 45 minutes. I did seven labs around the track, which was 2.2 miles. 

Hamlin Collegiate High School had their first Junior Varsity game against Coleman High School today. Their first Varsity game is next Thursday against Crosbyton High School. The opening night was a big success, the parking lot was full and there were a lot of people in the stands. The game was over by 9:00 pm. It was nice to be surprised by the game beheld.  


  

 
Hamlin Collegiate High School opening Junior Varsity game






A full parking lot to support the Pipers



By the end of the day I had done 6,500 steps. We had a super day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth