Beautiful Day
We had a beautiful day.
We woke to a brisk 46 degrees and the high was 71 degrees. The temperature here in Colorado is 30 degrees cooler in the morning and 30 degrees cooler as it high. Belton morning temperature was 76 degrees and the high temperature of 104 degree.
Larry woke up his normal time and did his morning routine. I rolled out of bed at 7:15 and got dressed. Then I made pancakes for breakfast. Afterwards we got ready to go on a hike. I put water in our small pouch. We both started our bands for the hike. We started our hike at 8:00 am for a 2.57 mile hike for an hour. We wanted to start off easy because it was our first hike since our Spring Trip back in May. We also are at 9,200 feet in elevation.
Our hike was on the Turquoise Lake Trail to the dam, which was about a mile one way. We walked to the boat ramp and picked up the trail. The trail goes along the banks of Turquoise Lake and through the forest. The trail terrain is easy/moderate with roots, rocks and needles on the trail. We had to be careful not to trip. As we hiked we saw one guy jogging going to the dam and coming back. When we got to the dam we took a bathroom break. They had a run yesterday and had portable toilets. They also had a washing station where you pump water via a foot pump, they also had soap and paper towels. The toilets were very clean. We stopped to look at the forest. We're surprised how little damaged the forest fire had done. They were lucky it didn't take more of the forest. They had them on both side of the main road. After our break we walked down the road until it dead ended to get a very nice view of the lake. We saw four guys in a class learning how to fly fish. We hiked the trail back to our site. By the time we got home it was starting to warm up.
The forest by the dam parking lot
The area the fire was
The forest by the road, that goes around the lake
Our neighbors left at noon. Larry thought we might have to move the Minnie so they could get their fifth-wheel out. The father said he was going to try to back the truck in at an angle because he didn't want us to have to move. We watched him back the truck and he did an excellent job. He got it right there. While he was doing this we visited with his wife. She said they had been in tighter spots but he's a truck driver and knows how to back 18-wheeler trucks. We said our good-byes and they were on the road. They were out of Denver so they didn't have too far to go.
We hung around the Minnie for the rest of the day.
Larry finished a book and started another. He read in his chair for a long time and chased the sun. When he was in the shade it got cold. After I did my games I joined him until it started to sprinkle. It made a lot of noise but we only got sprinkles. This was about 3:00. We're in the mountains so we know it will get some afternoon rain showers.
I played my games. I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Pyramid Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 2 minutes and 32 seconds to complete, which put me in 23rd place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.
After playing my game I started to read The Remains Of The Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's about the changing to the times in a butlers life. I had seen the movie starring Anthony Hopkins as James Stevens (butler) and Emma Thomson as Miss Kenton (former housekeeper). So far the novel is very good.
I'm happy we have solar panels because, that way I can play my games. Larry set one set of panels up before we went on our hike. When we got back he set up the other set of panels. He charged up both batteries (Lithium and Lead Acid). This works out great.
In the evening we went for an hour walk around the campgrounds for 3 miles. We walked to Silver Dollar Campground and back, which was 2 miles. Then Larry went back to the Minnie I did a log around the overflow camping area and our camping area, which gave me the last mile.
By the end of the day I had done 17,100 steps. We had a super day of hiking, relaxing and walking.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth