Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 28, 2026

Thursday 8-27-26 Camping, Walking, Reading & Helping Neighbor

 

Two deer hiding in the trees at Matchless Campground


We woke up to a brisk 36 degrees. Great sleeping weather. The high temperature was 71 degrees. The clouds rolled in and out all day. We got a little sprinkles on and off all day. The rain didn't prevent me from walking. We had another beautiful day.


Awesome Day

 

Yesterday, we set up the Wave3 heater because it was  little nippy. We ran it to take the chill out of the air. Today Larry turned on the heater when he got up and I was glad he did.

Yesterday, when it was nippy I got the little electric heater down to plug it in. Larry looked at me and said, that heater won't work, we have no power. What was I thinking? I put the electric heater back in storage area it was in. Then I got the Wave3 out of the closest and Larry assembled and connected it to the propane. Then we were ready to go.


Wave3 heater (March 2012)


I was surprised to find out we have had the Wave3 heater since March of 2012. We first had the Wave3 in the kitchen area, in the back of the Minnie and plumbed into the stove. Now it sits on the dinette table in the center of the Minnie. A few years back Larry redid some of the propane plumbing and he ran a line into the dinette seat. The heater now does a better job of heating the living area and if it is really cold we can close the curtain between the living and kitchen.  

I crawled out of bed about 7:15 and got dressed. Then we had breakfast, which was a bagel with cream cheese. We were a little stiff this morning so we decided to take the day off of hiking. We had three fabulous days of hiking. We had done three hikes for a total of 15 miles. 

We took the day off of hiking but I still walked around Silver Dollar Campground. Larry thought maybe he could walk around but when we got to the bathroom he said his legs were sore. He went back to the Minnie and I did a three mile walk around Silver Dollar Campground for an hour 15 minutes. I walked to the campground and walked around the two loops two times. I wore my jacket today because it was a little cooler. By the end of the walk it was getting warm. While walking to Silver Dollar Campground I saw a couple of deer in the trees. While walking the first loop I met the host and visited with her.  I had a very nice walk.

When I got back to the Minnie I rested. We were coming back from a bathroom run when we noticed our neighbor Ron was having problems with his generator. Larry stopped to see if he could help. He spent the rest of the day working with Ron on the generator. It was running terrible and Larry noticed it was leaking fuel. The fuel was coming from the carburetor. Ron did not know much about carburetors but fortunately Larry does. They had to do a bunch of work to remove the generator and get the carburetor off. They were able to get the carburetor repaired so the leak was fixed. The generator still does not run correctly. They will work on it some more tomorrow. Larry was over there until 4:00. He was tired and hungry. 

While he was next door I read and played games. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 23 minutes and 22 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2. 

I continued to read The Remains of the Day. Larry finished reading his book when he was relaxing in the evening. Tomorrow he will start another book.


Reading is fun and relaxing


I heated up more leftover bake for dinner.

After dinner I did another walk. It was the same as this morning. I walked around Silver Dollar Campground loops two times. I watched campers put up their tents and set up for their stay. I said hi to other campers. I had another great walk.     


 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth