Awesome Day
We had an awesome day.
It was cooler than it's been. We had overcast skies, which kept the temperature down. The morning temperature was 80 degrees and the high was 93 degrees.
Larry continued working on our movies. He also worked on the Jukebox program Jukecab.
When I woke up I made pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast around 9:30 we went to town. The yearly Comic Con started today at 10:00 am at Cadence Bank Center (Bell Expo Center). There was a car show going on in the parking lot. We were going to go to it but it was too busy. The parking lot was almost full and there was a line of vehicles to get in the parking lot. The police directed traffic in the parking lot on horse back. This was cool to see. The line to attend Comic Con was going around the entrance building. We decided to continue driving down the road.
Larry read, that there was something going on at the Cultural Activities Center for kids. So we went there instead. We didn't do the kids event but we walked through the Saulsbury Gallery and Howard Gallery. We also walked down the halls, where they had 3-D Art from Saul Silverstein Themed Summer Camp. The Saulsbury Gallery had art by Iwona Janskowski called Western Spirit and Healing Hearts mural. The Howard Gallery had Fun Art exhibits by Theresa Bayer, Kevin Middleton and Svetlana Novikova. The hallway had art from summer camp. We enjoyed looking at the art exhibits.
Cats n Dogs by Kevin Middleton
After visiting the Cultural Activities Center we drove to the Railroad and Heritage Museum in downtown Temple. We walked round downtown for a bit . We walked around the museum complex. We saw the splash pad, which was a fountain and a couple of kids were playing on the splash pad. In front of the Railroad and Heritage Museum the electrical boxes had beautiful art on them, there was a small train engine and a sculpture of a mother and little girl. While we were walking around an Amtrak train had dropped a few passengers off and was pulling out. I took pictures and waved at the passengers and workers as the train pulled away. We walked around Fred Springer Park, where we saw families playing on the train and the playground. We had a wonderful walk around downtown Temple.
Before leaving downtown Temple Larry ordered a pizza from Little Caesar's. He decided to order a specialty pizza because he wanted a freshly baked pizza. He order the Detroit-Style Deep Dish Pepperoni pizza. We arrived early to pick up our pizza so we using Little Caesar's application we tracked our pizza. When the pizza was ready Larry went inside and got it. When we got home we had a couple of pieces of the pizza for lunch. It had a smoky flavor to it and was delicious.
After lunch he went back to working with Jukecab and his movies project. I worked out for an hour and a half.
I worked out for 30 minutes with the Wii Fit. I did the routine the Wii Fit Plus picked for me of 12 exercise for 26 minutes and four times Perfect 10 to make the 30 minutes. The exercises were two exercises from the Aerobics (Advance Step and Hula Hoop), four exercises from the Strength Training (Balance Bridge 10 reps, Lungs 10 reps, Sideways Leg-Lift 10 reps and Single-Leg Twist 10 reps), one exercise from Training Plus (Obstacle Course) and five exercises from Yoga (Chair, Downward Facing Dog, Half-Moon, Palm Tree and Sun Salutation). I had a great workout.
Sideways Leg-Lift and Single-Leg Twist 10 reps)
I worked out with Gold's Gym for 30 minutes. I did my own routine. I did two exercises from the Advance Lesson menu, which were Warm Up for 8 minutes with Left And Right Step Combo and Weaving Combo for 21 minutes. I had a great workout.
I worked out with the Synth Riders for 30 minutes with four songs two times. The songs were Galaxy Joyride, Space Rock, Star Fighter and Vampirevania. While doing Galaxy Joyride I earned a new high score, Space Rock I earned two outstanding scores and Vampirevania I earned one outstanding score. I had a great workout.
I played one game of Monster Manor on Bounce Arcade. While playing the game I earned a bronze trophy by earning the Skelton Key, I Awoken the Manor, I Stunned the Manor, Banister Buster and Midnight Madness (Jack-O-Lanterns). I had fun playing the games for 15 minutes.
I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 36 minutes and 35 seconds to complete, which put me in 19th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.
I played eight games of pinball. I played four on the mini cabinet, which were Batman Forever, Dr. No, Godzilla and The Goonies. While playing Dr. No I became high score #3. I played four games on the big cabinet, which were Bay Watch, Fish Tales, JP Viper Night Drivin' and Star Fox. I had fun playing pinball even when I didn't get on the board.
We watched out YouTube videos. I worked on Horse of Iron puzzle a little bit.
In the evening we watched the next super hero movie, which was Iron Man 3 from our movies collection. When Larry went to bed I watched Jack Reacher: Never Go Back from our movies collection. I ended up doing 5,000 steps.
We had a fun day.






































No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth