Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 7, 2026

Thursday 8-6-26 Chair Cleaning, Movies Projects and Workout & Games

 

Summertime Fun


We had another hot humid day with the high temperature of 102 degrees but felt like 113 degrees according to the website Weather Underground. The morning temperature was 75 degrees. 

We started the day off by cleaning our Lazy Boy chair. The chair is almost 40 years old and Larry has been thinking on and off about replacing it. Over the years we have gone in a few Lazy Boy stores to look for a replacement. But Larry really didn't find one he liked. He cleaned his chair years ago but it really needed to be cleaned again. He ordered a Vacmaster 400 Series Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner Machine from Amazon. He received it a couple of days ago. After breakfast we decided to clean the chair. Larry decided to clean it in his workroom, that way we didn't have to kneel on the floor to clean it. I took the back off the chair and put it on the work table on the work room. We put towels on the floor because it's a laminate floor and we wanted to protect it from the water. The cleaner came with a liquid solution to put in the water canister of the cleaner. We used hot water out of the kitchen faucet in the canister. The cleaner has two canisters, one for the fresh water and the other is for the dirty water. The cleaner works great. You use the head attachment to spray the water and cleaner solution on the surface. Then you suck the water out. He did the seat of the chair first and then the back. It took us about an hour to clean the chair. It looks super.


Lazy Boy cleaned



Vacmaster 400 Series Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner Machine



Larry cleaning the back of the chair



Larry spraying the arm with the liquid (sprayer in the back of the head)



Sucking the extra liquid from the chair


Larry spent the day working on adding subtitle of our movies project.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 33 minutes and 42 seconds to complete, which put me in 13th place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

I worked out on the Wii Fit Plus for 45 minutes. I did my own routine, which was two Aerobics exercises for 17 minutes (Basic Run Distance: Island Lap for 5 minutes and Rhythm Boxing for 12 minutes), three Balance Games exercises for 8 minutes (Balance Bubble three times for 3 minutes, Table Tilt for 3 minutes and Tightrope Walk two times for 2 minutes), four Strength Training exercises for 11 minutes (Balance Bridge 10 reps for 3 minutes, Single-Leg Extension 20 reps for 3 minutes, Single-Leg Twist 20 reps for 2 minutes and Torso Twist 6 reps for 3 minutes), one Training Plus for 1 minute (Perfect 10) and four Yoga exercises for 8 minutes (Chair for 2 minutes, Palm Tree for 2 minutes, Standing Knee for 2 minutes and Warrior for 2 minutes). I had a great workout.


Basic Run Distance: Island Lap and Rhythm Boxing



Balance Bubble, Table Tilt and Tightrope Walk



Balance Bridge, Single-Leg Extension, Single-Leg Twist and Torso Twist



Perfect 10



Chair, Palm Tree, Standing Knee and Triangle



I played eight games of pinball. I played four games on the mini cabinet, which were Attack From Mars, Cirqus Voltaire, Lord of the Rings and No Good Goffers!. I played four games on the big cabinet, which were Big Buck Hunter Pro, Great Houdini, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Theatre of Magic.


Attack From Mars (Mini)



Cirqus Voltaire (Mini)



Lord of the Rings (Mini)



No Good Goffers! (Mini)



Big Buck Hunter Pro (Big)



Great Houdini (Big)



Tales of the Arabian Nights (Big)



Theatre of Magic (Big)


In the evening we watched Avengers: Age of Ultron from our movies collection. After Larry went to bed I watched the next Harry Potter, which was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I ended up doing 4,000 steps. 


  

    





  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth