Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Tuesday 8-25-26 Turquois Lake Trail, Walking, Camping & More

 

Camping at Matchless Campground in Pike-San Isabel National Forest



We had a gorgeous day at Matchless Campground. 

The weather was perfect with the morning temperature of 41 degrees and the high temperature of 71 degrees. The clouds rolled in and out all day. In the late afternoon and early evening we had a few drops of rain. At times the wind sounded very strong but it wasn't. By the end of the day we had walked over 7 miles.

I crawled out of bed at 7:15 am. I made oatmeal for breakfast. After breakfast we got ready to go on a hike. Today our hike was for 4 miles on Turquois Lake Trail for two hours. We started the hike at 8:00 am. We walked to the overflow campground and picked up the lake trail. Yesterday, we took the trail to the dam and today we went the opposite direction. We hiked the trail for about 2 miles and turned around and hiked back to our camping site. The trail goes through the forest and along the banks of Turquoise Lake. We hiked by Silver Dollar Campground and Molly Brown Campground. When we got to Molly Brown we took stairs to the campground, which was a parking lot. It looked like the overflow campground at Matchless, except the campsites had tables. I am happy we are camped where we are in Matchless. As we hiked we saw a fisherman, a jogger and some hikers on the way back. One couple hiking had a cute dog, it saw a squirrel and ran after it. The dog didn't have a chance the squirrel was already up the tree way before the dog got there. The masters said it's going to be a busy day for the dog. A little ways farther we said hi to a couple. We also saw a group of people (six) our age hiking. One of the ladies were talking about the lake and the area. We said hi to them and wished them a great hike. We rested now and then. We saw a lot of views of the lake. Our hike was very pleasant and the weather was perfect. There were clouds but it didn't feel humid. 


Turquois Lake 



Once we got back to the Minnie Larry setup the solar panels. We spent the rest of the day relaxing.

Larry finished reading a book and started another one. I continued reading The Remains of the Day.

I played my games. I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Exports Only Mini of 5 games. It took me 1 hour, 28 minutes and 1 second to complete, which put me in 22nd place in my group. I played Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds 2.

For dinner we barbecued hamburgers. Then we went for an hour walk around Silver Dollar and Matchless Campgrounds. We walked for 3 miles. Larry walked the first 2 miles to Silver Dollar Campground and back. I did the last mile by walking around our area four times.

By the end of the day I had done 19,000 steps. We had a wonderful day. 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth