Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Tuesday 3-22 Rainy Day

Rainy Morning

It rained hard throughout the night and into the morning. It stopped around 9:00 but in the afternoon it came back.

Larry read a Facebook post from our friend Dan Clairemont, that there were tornadoes in our area of Texas. He went on the local news and found out that Round Rock had been hit by a tornado. He e-mailed Louise to see if she was ok. She texted him back saying she was fine except she doesn't have power and her phone was almost dead. He texted her back and told her she could charge the phone via her car.

I woke up at 8:00 and made cinnamon french toast sticks for breakfast. The rain stopped at 9:00 but it was too muddy to hike the trails.

I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 7 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group.

According to the weather reports the rain was suppose to be gone at noon and the sun was going to come out. After lunch we walked the paved roads for 40 minutes. We walked by the Nature Center, cabins, Beaver Creek and the restaurant called Foggy Bottom Kitchen. We walked by a log cabin, that was built by the CCC. It was furnished with a table, nice chairs, lights and bed with pillows. We walked by Beaver Creek to check out the creek. It was flowing fast because we had a lot of rain last night. Beaver Creek has a trail but due to mud we chose not to walk it. We took a bridge over Beaver Creek that went to a parking lot next to the restaurant. There was a very nice CCC building that overlooked the Mountain Fork River. Behind the building there was a picnic area and a covered pavilion. We took a bridge over the creek that took us to Buckeye Campground. We walked around the campground and headed back to the Minnie. When we got on the park road it started to sprinkle. By the time we got to Cypress Campground it started to rain harder. We put the hood up on our jackets and went home. We were glad to be back and we changed into dry clothes. We stayed around the Minnie the rest of the afternoon.     

 

CCC Cabin # 47

 

The cabin's picnic table and grill

 

Beaver Creek Flowing under the road bridge

 

The CCC building by the restaurant

 

The staircase

While relaxing in the Minnie we heard a warning siren. We figured it was letting people know they were opening the gate of Broken Bow Lake, which is above us.  

After dinner I went on an hour walk to do some of my steps. During my walk I said hi to a few people and their dogs. I took pictures of the rock formation by the day use parking lot where the gate is for the river trail. I couldn't cross the road to get to parking lot because water was flowing over it.  By the end of the night I did 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

The rock formation yesterday before the rain

 

The rock formation after the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth