Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Wednesday 3-2 1st Place in The Event and Hiking

 

I'm so excited

I have been playing Microsoft Solitaire for many years. I do the Daily Challenges everyday, which consist of a game of Klondike, Spider, Free Cell, Pyramid and Tri Peaks. When you play the Daily Challenges your goal is to get a perfect score by solving all the games everyday. If you can't solve it the day it shows up you have until the end of the month to solve it. 

When the internet is available I also do the Event, it varies everyday. You have to solve it the current day and you compete with a group of 100 people. I have played 893 Events. Yesterday was the first time I ever came in 1st place in my group. I'm excited about that. I have come in 2nd twice, 3rd three times and the top 10 one hundred and five times.

About six months ago I started playing a new game called the Daily Challenges of Mahjong, which works the same way as the Solitaire. It's also owned by Microsoft. 

Larry thinks I'm addicted to playing the Solitaire games but it just gives me something to do. 

1st place in the Event: Hard Road of 5 games

Today we woke up to 44 degrees and the high was 73 degrees. The day started out with cloud covering but it didn't last long. The clouds rolled out by 9:00. Then they were back in the afternoon. That was ok because it kept it cool.

After breakfast we went on a two and a half hours hike for 6 miles. We started the hike on the Chinquapin Trail until it met up with the Triple C Trail, which was 8.4 miles round trip. We only hiked it for two miles because the next section of the trail was closed. The triple C trail was built by the CCC and goes around the park boundaries. Most of the trail was an old service road and was easy to hike. The trail went through trees at places. When we got to the main road we walked it about a half mile to the nature center where we picked up the Chinquapin trail and hiked it back to the camping area. The hike was very nice.

Walking a boardwalk on Chinquapin trail

 

The forest we hiked through with Palmettos

After lunch I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Free Cell Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 36 minutes and 07 seconds, which put me in 7th place in my group.

While I played games Larry read outside. After I finished my games I walked around the camping area for an hour to get some of my steps in. When I got back I read until dinnertime.

For dinner we had leftover Empanadas and chips. After dinner I finished doing my 27,500 steps. This put me in 4th place in my group. We spent the rest of the evening reading.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth