Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 14, 2022

Sunday 3-13 Daylight Saving Time

 

Daylight Saving

It's time to spring forward, it's daylight saving day.

Before I went to bed last night I changed the time on the clock in the living room. I didn't have to change the time on the Alexa devices, computer and other electronic devices because they do it themselves. When Larry woke up he had to change the time on the clock he made of for the desk. When I woke up I had to change the time on the oven and microwave. 

Daylight saving will change our virtual square dancing. We dance with Di Green and Terry McCann in the U.K. and they don't change for a couple of weeks. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays their dance will overlap with Dayle Hodge's dances. This means we'll have to decide on which one to attend. It all depends on what level you want to dance. 

Today I attended two virtual square dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C Series at 1:00. This week Ett invited Di Green to help her call. Ett and Di each called three tips with 27 participants. Di asked about Larry, I told the dancers he was busy doing a home project. Larry was missed but they were happy I attended. I had a great time dancing to Ett and Di and with friends.

Second was Loren Smith A2/C1 at 7:30. I attended by myself. Loren called three A2 tips with 17 participants, two C1 teach/reviews with 17 participants and one tip of C1 with 13 participants. They missed Larry because there were no couples for Loren to cue off of and the dancers to pin. I had a fun evening of dancing with friends.

Get in a square and dance

When we built the house Larry strung Ethernet cables throughout the house and he ran ethernet cable for four security cameras. These four cameras have been in use for years. Later he added some WIFI security cameras that use different software so at the moment we have a mix of systems. He wants to eventually hardwire all the cameras and get them all on the same software. While I danced to Ett and Di Larry worked on stringing the wire through the attic and to the cameras. He had to drill holes in the soffits and then crawl through the attic to string the wire. He worked on it all afternoon. If you are going to work in the attic you want to do it when the weather is cool, it is too hot to be in there in the summer.  I helped him a little bit.

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Free Cell and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 12 minutes and 42 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group.

After doing my games I read.

After Loren Smith's dance we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. Then I started watching the fourth season of New Tricks. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 189,964 steps for the week.  

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth