Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 4, 2022

Thursday 3-3 We're Home & Trip Summary

We're home

We had four fabulous days camping at Huntsville State Park. It was a gorgeous park in the Pineywood area of the state. It's a CCC park with 210-acre lake. We camped in Raven Hill Camping Area. We did three hikes for the total of 19.5 miles. I walked around the camping area to get my steps. In the morning we hiked and in the afternoons Larry enjoyed the the campsite with a book while I did my computer games. When I finished the games I read. The weather was excellent with the mornings in the low 30s and low 40s and the high in the low 70s. We barbecued a couple of times.       

This morning I woke up at 7:00. Larry asked why I was up so early, I had slept for eight hours and it was time to get up. I made mini waffles for breakfast. Afterwards we got the Minnie ready to go. Before leaving Larry took the Minnie off its blocks and put them away. As we were leaving Huntsville State Park we stopped at the dump station and dumped the tanks. We were on the road by 8:15. 

As we were entering Huntsville,TX we stopped by the Sam Houston Statue Visitor Center. It wasn't open yet but it had a huge statue of Sam Houston. The visitor center was very pretty with a walkway that had a lot of trees. There was a sign about David Adickie, who was the artist of the statue. The statue is 67 feet tall and is on a 10-foot granite base. He dedicated the statue to the City of Huntsville in 1994 in memory of Sam Houston.

Sam Houston visitor center welcome sign

 

Sam Houston Statue visitor center

 

Me standing in front of the Sam Houston statue

 

Do you see me standing at the base of the statue? It is much larger than it appears. 

We got home about 11:30. We unloaded the Minnie and I put the stuff away. Then we had lunch.

After lunch I played my computer games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 44 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group.

Late in the afternoon we started getting caught up on the YouTube videos we follow. I worked on our last months experiences worksheet. 

In the evening we watched an episode of the Sister Boniface Mysteries on Britbox. It's a detective series, kind of a spin off of Father Brown. Sister Boniface rides a motorcycle and helps the police solve crime. Then we watched Doolittle on IMDb TV. The movie starred Robert Downey Jr. as Dr. Doolittle. It was a cute movie and I enjoyed it. Then I finished watching the third and final season of Rosemary & Thyme. Afterwards I continued reading Death In A Strange Country. While relaxing in front of the television I did 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth