Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 18, 2022

Thursday 3-17 Spring Trip Planning & a Dance


Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

 

I'm excited

I'm excited, we're leaving on our spring trip this weekend. We will be gone for around six weeks.

For years previous to Covid we had done these spring trips. We never had any real itinerary, we simply kind of had an idea where we might end up, sometimes we get there, sometimes we end up somewhere else. We have always traveled without reservations. With all of the RV sales over the last few years and changes with public campgrounds this way of travel is becoming almost impossible. We prefer state or federal parks that offer hiking, almost all of these now require a reservation, no more just showing up and getting a site. Making it even more challenging is due to all the new RV sales weekends in these parks are normally full. So, while we don't have firm plans on where we are headed we almost have to plan at least a week in advance. This week was spring break in Texas and Oklahoma, next week Arkansas has spring break. We were going to start in Arkansas but due to spring break Larry couldn't find any openings. He made reservations in two Oklahoma state parks, from there we will move to Arkansas and slowly work towards Tennessee and Kentucky. We will see where we end up.

I started loading up the Minnie. I'll finish tomorrow.

We attended one virtual dance, Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. I had forgotten it was St. Patrick's Day, Larry mentioned it right before the dance. So we wore green and other dancers also wore green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Dayle called four tips of two couples with 18 participants and one tip of four couples with 15 participants. Every week Dayle makes the dance more challenging, which makes you think. When the dancers have problems Dayle walked us through the sequence again. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Jane dressed up for St. Patrick's Day

I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 39 minutes and 8 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group.

I continued reading Venetian Reckoning/Death and Judgement.

We watched the YouTube videos we follow.

In the evening we watched a few episodes of Death In Paradise. Then I finished watching the fifth season of New Tricks and started the sixth season. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth