Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Wednesday 3-9 Dance Day


Square dancing with friends

We had a beautiful day, sunshine, puffy clouds  and no wind. The temperature in the morning was in the 30s but warmed into the high 50s.  

When I got up I put the bird feeder and bowls out. A squirrel came on the porch shortly afterwards. We had birds coming and going for about an hour. When it warmed up the birds returned and so did the squirrel. 

I started the day out by playing my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 20 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group.

While I played my games Larry started a new paper project, a ice cream truck. This project had almost 100 pieces to cut and assemble. He was able to complete it in one day. 


Ice Cream Truck

There were four virtual square dances today. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips with 18 participants. During the dance Di fractionalized lots of the moves she called. For examples: she called swing through once and a half and swing through once and a quarter. She had to walk the dancers through a few moves we were having problems. I danced by myself and had fun dancing with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. During the dance Dayle called two tips of A1 and A2 with 21 participants and one tip of four couples A2 with 16 participants. Larry danced with me. Dayle helped the dancers out when they were having problems by cueing the moves or walking through the move again. We had a great time.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 Teach at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. She called five tips. She worked on the Concentric Concepts from waves/boxes/lines. When the dancers brokedown she would go over the sequence again and help you through it by cueing. I attended the dance by myself. Ett had 24 participants. I had fun dancing with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno & Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two tips of C1 with 10 participants, five tips of A2 with 14 participants and one tip of C1 with 11 participants. I had a great time dancing with to the two Daves and friends.

In between dancing I finished reading The Anonymous Ventian. After the last dance we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. Then I continued watching the second season of New Tricks. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth