Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 21, 2022

Sunday 3-20 Happy Spring & Spring Trip

 

Happy Spring

Today was the first day of spring. We had a wonderful day. 

I got up early and Larry had breakfast ready. He baked cinnamon rolls and put icing one them. I had taken a couple of rolls out of the freezer before I went to bed so they could thaw and rise overnight.   

Cinnamon rolls

After breakfast we finished loading up the Minnie. We were on the road by 8:30 am. We were going to have a long day going 325 miles to Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We drove through Waco and Dallas using I35. Then we got on four and two lanes highway. We drove by ranches with horses and cattle. I kept awake for the first 90 miles and the rest of the way I dozed off. 

We stopped in Royse City, Texas at Buc-ee's to fill up the Minnie and to have lunch. It was very busy. All of their pumps were being used and people were having to wait to get to a pump. Buc-ee's are huge, they have between 80 and 120 gas pumps so you can imagine just how busy this place was. There was also a steady flow of people going in and out of the store. After Larry finished filling the Minnie he pulled it to an empty parking spot. Then I made ham sandwiches for lunch. We thought about going inside of Buc-ee's to buy something to eat but it was way too busy.

After having lunch we were back on the road for another 150 miles. We arrived at Beavers Bend State Park Campground at 3:30. Larry parked in the Visitor Center parking lot to check in. The lady told him that he didn't have to check in he could just go to the spot we had reserved. While in the office he picked up a trail map. The parking lot was very steep so when we were leaving Larry had to be careful not to drag the step of the Minnie. 

Welcome sign

We are staying in Cypress Campground. Larry had no problem finding our site. The sites are heavily treed and have a concrete slab to put your RV on. Each site had a picnic table, fire ring and a grill. Our site is very nice, it has power and water.

Once we setup the Minnie for our stay. We relaxed, until it was time for dinner. We had baked ziti and then we went on an hour hike via the Mountain Fork River trail. The trail wasn't on the trail map. We hiked three miles along the river and past a small dam. The trail was easy and went through trees. We met a couple who had two dogs and we all said hi. We hiked the trail until it ran out, which was a mile and a half. It was a peaceful hike.

Mountain Fork River

After the hike I walked around for another half hour to get some of my steps in. I ended up doing 23,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group for the week with 186,355 steps. I didn't get my daily goal of 25,809 but I went over the weekly 175,000 steps challenge.

I did the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed. I did the Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games after doing my steps. It took me 1 hour, 19 minutes and 9 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. Then I read a little bit.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth