Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Tuesday 6-8 Woke to No Power

 

Just having fun

Before I got up a front came through and knocked the power out. For some reason it woke me up. The construction workers next door thought they popped a breaker. They went to the power pole and played with the breakers. Larry went out and told them the power was out. The power was out for less than 30 minutes.

After breakfast I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 48 minutes and 19 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. While I played games Larry started reading another book.

We attended three virtual dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. Back near the beginning of the pandemic Dayle was laid off from his job as a project manager. He has not been able to find another job in his field so he retrained as a truck driver and has now accepted a job as a school bus driver. This requires him to go through orientations with each county he will be driving in. This week he had to attend three days of classes on how to handle children on the bus. Today he was in class so he asked Warren Loewen from Canada to call for him. Warren was a good caller and called five tips. During the 4 two couples we had 23 participants and the four couples tip we had 19. We had a fun time.

Second was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 Workshop at 1:30. Terry danced a couple of the A1 tips and the four couples tip, his leg isn't completely better. Di called 5 A1 tips, 5 A2 tips and 1 four couples tip. During the A1 tips we had 33 participants, A2 two couples tip we had 30 and the A2 four couples tip we had 24. I danced the A1 tips by myself and Larry joined me for the A2 tips. We had a great time.

Third was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00. Don called 6 tips and he had 35 participants. During the dance Don worked on the center part of Cast the Shadow and with phantoms. We had a fun evening dancing to Don and with friends.


After the last dance we watched an Amazon movie called Larry Crowne, that starred Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. It was about a gentleman Larry Crowne, who was let go from us job because he didn't have a college degree so he went back to school to earn a degree. It was a comedy and very good. Then I started watching an Amazon Kids series called Gortimer Gibbons Live On Normal Street. I watched 6 episodes and the series is cute. It's about the adventures Gortimer Gibbons and his two best friends Ranger and Mel. It reminds me of the Wonder Years. Each episode is a half hour long. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

 

Relaxing in front of the television
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth