Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Monday 6-7 Another Muggy Day

 

Smile and be happy

We had a muggy day. A front come through at 10:30 am. It got dark and sprinkled on and off for a few hours, just enough to get the streets wet and mess up your vehicles.

I started the day out doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 9 seconds to complete, which put me in 25th place in my group. 

Then I worked on my annual book. 

Larry finished reading, Refuge: A Novel. Even though the book had a lot of heart wrenching parts he said he loved the writing. He thought the author (Dot Jackson) was extremely talented and wanted to read another book written by her. He found this was the only novel she wrote. If you have a Kindle and are a member of Amazon Prime the book is currently free to read.

Larry found recipes for English Muffins and Pita bread by Chef John on the All Recipes website. I didn't have all the ingredients so went to Walmart. Then we stopped and filled the car up with gas. Next stop was The Home Depot to pick up parts Larry needs for a project he is working on.

In the evening we attended Steve Kopman's Weekly A2/C1 dance. He called four A2 tips with 30 participants and two C1 tips with 18 participants. Steve cued the moves through out the dance. He called some complex moves and was just as excited as the dancers when they were successful. He is a pleasure to dance to. We had a great evening of dancing. 

 


 Get a partner and dance

After the dance we watched a movie on Amazon called To Keep The Light, which was about a woman lighthouse keeper in the 1800s. The lady's husband died and she stepped in and kept the lighthouse going. It was based on a true story. It was very slow moving but ok. Then I watched the fifth and final season of The Commander. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. This was a good start for the week.

 


    

Relaxing in front of the television



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth