Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Wednesday 6-16 Home Project Dancing & Yardwork

Hot Day

We had another hot day in the mid 90's. 

We had a lot of activity by the neighbors. Jason's house next door is under construction, today the electricians are continuing wiring the house. Yesterday, they dug the trench to install the underground wiring from the power pole to the house. The septic guys are also filling in the hole around the tank they installed. The dirt guys were moving dirt and cleaning up around the house and the pool guys were there. Our other neighbor Chris, who lives behind us had a crew of guys come and start digging a hole for his pool. It looks like he has the same pool construction company as Jason. 

I mowed the frontyard and the whole backyard. I started by mowing the far back and worked myself to the front. After mowing I weedeated and blew off the front porch and driveway. It took me 2 hours. I don't know how the construction crews survive with the temperatures in the mid to high 90s, I was exhausted by the time I finished.

The wildlife was very low key, not sure if it was all the construction activity or the heat, but in the evening we did have a few birds and a squirrel under the tree. The bird that has been roosting on the porch security camera has not been there the last four nights. I wonder if the heat has gotten to it and it went to some place cooler.

Larry worked on rearranging our pantry storage area. He wanted to install a bracket for the new vacuum cleaner. He had to add a board in the back to provide a place for the bracket and attachments. He cut and painted the board and then screwed it into a couple of wall studs. Next he installed the bracket and the vacuum. He even had enough room for the old vacuum to fit. He did an excellent job and that area is very well organized.

 

The new vacuum and its attachments

 

The area with both vacuums and bracket


Larry installing the bracket

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. We had 31 participants for the two couples tips and 22 for the four couples tip. Dayle called slower and worked on different moves because we had new dancers who just completed the A2 class. The moves he worked on were: Single Wheel, Reverse Dixie Style to a Wave and Counter Rotate. We had a great time.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 teach at 12:00. We had 25 participants. He worked on a lot of different moves. We had fun and I learned a lot.

Third was Doren McBroom's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:15. Jeremy Butler covered for him. He called three tips of A2 with 9 participants and three tips of C1 with 7. Next week is the National Square Dancing Convention and Jeremy is going to be one of the callers for C1. So he did full square material and I think he tried moves on us to see if they would work out. The positions were more complex and when we couldn't get the move he walked us through it. We had a super evening dancing to Jeremy and with friends.

In between the dances we watched YouTube videos. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 53 minutes and 3 seconds to complete, which put me in 11th place in my group.

After the last dance we watched a couple more episodes of The Indian Doctor on PBS. Then I started watching a series on Acorn called Keeping Faith. It a thriller about a lawyer Faith, who had a perfect marriage and her husband disappears without a word to anyone. It a continuing story from episode to episode. I don't really like this type of series but I'll continue watching it. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth