Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 7, 2021

Sunday 6-6 Laid Back Day

 

Laid back day

We had a very nice day.

I spent the morning chasing a young squirrel out of the birdfeeder. It was determined to eat the food in the feeder, even when there was food in the bowls. I chased it out about five times within a half hour. I'd open the door and shoo the squirrel off and it would run to the tree. Then in less than five minutes it was back. It would eat a little out of the bowls and up the railing it went. It jumped on the feeder shortly afterwards it was in the feeder. Once it gave up we had a stead flow of birds in and out of the feeder. There were a couple of squirrels under the oak tree. When the squirrels left the tree a deer came by and ate what was left. When it moved on I went outside and filled the oak tree bowl with feed. It didn't take too long when the deer came back. In the evening I saw a hummingbird and the fox paid us a visit.

When I wasn't chasing the squirrel I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 29 minutes and 59 seconds to complete, which put me in 19th place in my group. Larry read.

After playing my games I continued working on my annual book for this year.

We attended one virtual square dance, Ett McAtee's Weekly C Series at 1:00. This week she invited Di Green to come and help her call six tips of C1. They called 4 tips of two couples and 2 full square tips. They had 46 participants. We were a bit disappointed, Ett was throwing in a lot of non-standard four couple material and not cueing so we spent a lot of time broken down. We left after the 4 tips of two couples.

 

After leaving the dance I continued working on my book and Larry read.

Loren Smith decided to take the summer off to travel and do projects around the house so we didn't have our normal Sunday evening dance. We watched a movie on Amazon called Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was about three orphans who are given to a cousin after their parents died in a fire. The cousin is an actor and plots to steal their fortune. It starred Jim Carrey as their cousin. It was a cute movie. Then I finished watching the fourth season of The Commander. I ended doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 188,667 steps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth