Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Monday 6-14 Morning Surprise and More


Happy Flag Day

Today was Flag Day, it commemorates the adoption of the United States flag on June 14, 1777. It also celebrates the United States Army birthday, which was formed on June 14, 1775. Happy Flag Day.

We were sitting around having breakfast when Larry looked at the security camera that is located on the garage door and saw a doe and her two fawns walking across the driveway. He saw that they were headed for the neighbor's lot to the north of us, he followed them around the house looking out the windows. He took a few pictures. The fawns were very tiny. What a pleasant way to start the day.

 

The doe and two fawns checking out the food under the oak tree

 

Let's continue our routine

 

I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Free Cell and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 52 minutes and 5 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group.

While I played my games Larry did a paper project, he made a layered sunflower. 

 

Sunflower

 

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Joachim Ruehenbeck's A1/A2 at 12:30. I danced the A1 session by myself and Larry joined me for the A2 session. During the A1 session we had 27 participants and A2 session had 29. Each session was for an hour and Joachim called five tips a piece. We had a super afternoon dancing to Joachim.

Second was Steve Kopman's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:30, this was his last Monday evening virtual dance because next Monday his club is going back to live dancing. We had 28 participates for the A2 tips and 19 for C1. Steve said he is going to try setting up a hot spot so he can still call virtually. We had another outstanding night of dancing to Steve.

After the dance the fox decided to pay us a visit. When he finished eating a deer showed up. We had a busy day of watching wildlife in the backyard.

 

A beautiful doe paying us a visit

A very healthy fox

Larry did our grocery shopping online through Walmart. It has been awhile because sometimes it's easier just to walk in Walmart and get what you want. We go to town to do some errands so we just swing by a Walmart and pick up items we're getting low on. Its nice to get your groceries delivered to your front door.

 

Grocery shopping online

After Steve's dance we watched a documentary on Amazon called Horse Tribe, which was about the Nez Perce America's greatest horse tribe. It was very interesting. Afterwards I watched a few episodes of  Gortimer Gibbons Live On Normal Street. I ended up doing 25,000 steps, I missed my daily goal by 500 steps but I did get my daily challenge of 25,000 steps. I ended up coming in 7th place in my group.

 

2 comments:

  1. One thing I miss from Indiana are the deer and turkeys that used to come visit us. Here we just get bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the wildlife. We have only seen rabbits once years ago. We do have quite a few foxes so quite possibly that is the reason we have no rabbits. Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth