Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 18, 2021

Thursday 6-17 Got My Crown

 

Visiting the dentist

I started the day out by going to the dentist. During my last visit I was told my current dentist was moving away and Dr Brenner would replace her. He has been a dentist for about 10 years. He was very nice and explained everything he was doing. My crown for my implant came in, the dental assistant put it on and the dentist torqued it down. Then he filled the crown where the screw went in. This was my first crown and it feels great. The dentist asked if I knew how to keep the crown clean. He explained that I should brush, floss and use a water pick because floss doesn't get deep enough. The crown felt weird because I had been without a tooth for months. It took a little while to adjust to it being there. Now I have a new tooth.

My new vacuum is battery powered so when the battery gets low it needs to be charged. Since we don't have a plug inside the pantry and the battery is removable I just planned to take it out and charge in the kitchen. Larry had other thoughts, he drilled a small hole through the pantry wall and into the kitchen cabinet. This allowed him to feed the charger wire into the pantry. Now I can keep the vacuum charging all the time. I have a great man who isn't afraid to do home projects.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. Dayle had 23 participants for the two couples tips and 13 for the four couples tip. Dayle called excellent and helped us by cueing and telling us where to go to get in the right place. Every week Dayle tries to keep the dance interesting by adding more complexity. We had a great time dancing to Dayle.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called four A2 tips and one C1 tip. During the A2 tips we had 12 participants and the C1 tip had 10. The last A2 tip was full square material. We had a super time dancing to Jeremy and with friends. 

 


A couple of days ago our credit card statement was posted and I discovered there were about $4,000 in airline charges that did not belong to us. Larry called our provider and they decided to cancel the card and send us a new one. When this happens it is terribly inconvenient, we have a number of bills automatically paid via credit card so this requires Larry to update the credit card information for those bill. With the exception of our power company he was able to do everything online. He had to call the power company.

After Dayle's dance we went to town to get our mail because our new credit card was waiting for us. On the way home we swung by Rogers Park to check out the boat ramp. It didn't look like the lake has gone down much even with the gate at the dam fully open. We'll wait a little longer before we put the boat in.

When we got home I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Pyramid Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 12 minutes and 38 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. I did a few spider games from the Star Club Solitaire 31st Anniversary.

After Jeremy's dance we finished watching the first season of The Indian Doctor and started the second season. Afterwards I watched three episodes of Keeping Faith on Acorn. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 
Relaxing in front of the television

     


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth