Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 14, 2021

Sunday 6-13 Making English Muffins


Hot Day

We had a hot day, on our thermometer it got to 100 degrees at 3:30. Officially they said it got to 95, either way it was hot.

 

100 Degrees at the house

Larry started the day out by working on the new blind. First he made a valance for the dining room window. He modified some brackets he had laying around to hang the valance. Then we went to The Home Depot  for some screws and a piece of conduit. The other day he used a piece of PVC (plastic pipe) to build the rod for the blind, after a couple of days he noticed that it was sagging a bit in the middle. He thought in time it would sag even more so he decided to replace the plastic rod with a metal conduit rod. When we got home he cut the conduit down to the size he needed and modified it for the blind motor. Then he put the original vinyl blind from Walmart on the rod and hung the blind. It looks and works great. Now he needs to work on hiding the power cord.

 


  The finished project
 

 I did the Daily Challenges and Event: Klondike Mini of 10 games. It took me 26 minutes and 11 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group.

We attended one virtual dance. Every week Ett McAtee has a C level dance, this week she had a C1/C2, she had to go to a service so she asked Loren Smith to call the 3 C1 tips. We had 46 participants. Loren is a very smooth caller and a lot of fun. We had a great time.

Due to dancing with Loren we logged into Doren McBroom's DBD dance about 15 minutes late. Jeremy was covering for him but there was only one other dancer logged in. Larry told Jeremy why we were late and after talking for a little while we all agreed to cancel the dance.

After saying bye to Jeremy I made Easy English Muffins by Chef John. It took about 5 hours to complete because the dough had to rise a couple of times, 2 hours the first rise and 1.5 hours the second time. While making the muffins I watched his video, which is a great help. The muffins came out good and we have some for tomorrow.

 

Forming the dough


What the dough looked like after the balls were formed into muffins

 

Cooking the muffins 


The muffins cooling off

Finished English muffin

 

While the muffins were cooling down I made bacon sandwiches for dinner. I cooked the bacon on the grill. It came out delicious. 

A couple days ago I saw that my flowers were starting to bud. Well, today we noticed the buds were gone, the deer had eaten the buds and left the stems. In the evening when we were watching television I looked out the door window and saw a doe and her fawn eating under the oak tree. I think it was the same fawn we saw a couple of days ago. I told Larry but they were gone by the time he came out on the porch. I put some more food out and hoped that they would come back. As we were watching to see if they would come back the fox showed up and a few more deer. One of the does was limping and it looked like her leg was broken. I hope she will be ok. We did have activity on the porch with the birds and squirrels. It is so nice watching the wildlife in the backyard.

 

The bud two days ago

 

Now it's gone

In the evening we watched an Amazon movie for kids called All Creatures Big and Small. It was very cute about a Noah's Arc and a friendship between two young animals. Afterwards I watched a few episodes of the 3rd season of Gortimer Gibbons Live On Normal Street. I ended up doing 26,700 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 187,481 for the week.     

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth