Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Friday 6-11 Dancing and Having Fun

 

 

It's Friday, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

We had a very good day. 

Larry continued playing with the new phone. He decided to make it our main cell phone so he put the sim card from our old phone in and set it up for our current provider. He also played with taking pictures and videos using the phone. 

Larry ordered a bridge device so he can use Alexa to control opening and closing the new blind. He received it today and and was successful in configuring everything. Now we can simply ask Alexa to open or close the blind, very cool. He is still not done with the blind but everything is coming together.

 

The bridge

The birds and squirrels were busy all day on the porch and under the tree. In the evening we had six deer visit us at one time. Later on in the evening the fox came by. After the fox left a deer came by and ate and laid down to rest. 

 

Relaxing before moving on

This year I didn't plant any flowers nor did I do anything with the planter but we have had so much rain that flowers are starting to grow. A couple of weeks ago some were growing and the deer decided to eat them. The last couple of days we have noticed more flowers are growing and we saw a couple of buds and flowers. When the deer came by I thought they were eating my flowers so I went out to scare them away from the flower. Once they were gone I went outside and put more food out. The deer hadn't gone far away because they were back a few minutes later. 

 

Flowers starting to grow

After breakfast we went to town. First stop was the UPS Store to check the mail. Next we went to Dollar Tree to get some bleach and cookies. We ended up getting rice rolls instead of cookies because they didn't have the cookies we like. Next we stopped at Walmart. 

On the way home we swung by Rogers Park to check out the lake. The lake is nine feet over full, the boat ramp it was almost completely under water and there is lots of debris floating in the lake. We will have to wait a couple of weeks for the lake level to drop and the debris to find its way to the bank before we put the boat in.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Four Couple A1/A2 at 11:00. This week Dayle had 20 participants. I was very grateful that Dayle didn't call too complicated and he cued. We had fun.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 Workshop at 12:00. Due to attending Dayle's dance we were a few minutes late. Don called six tips and we missed the first one. Don had 33 participants. He worked on moves dancers were having problems with. We had great time.

Third was Di Green's Weekly C1 at 2:00. Di had 25 participants. I danced alone while Larry worked on setting up the phone. Di called six tips. She worked on Tally Ho from two face lines and alter the wave from tidal waves. I had fun even though I did make some mistakes.

I did my Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 19 minutes and 54 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. 

In the evening we watched a kids movie on Amazon called Rio. It was very cute. Then I watched five episodes of Gortimer Gibbons Live On Normal Street. I ended up doing 26,500 steps for the day, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth