Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Friday 6-4 Mowing and Dancing

Super Friday

It was an overcast day with a lite sprinkle now and then. 

We had been having two birds roosting on our security camera on the front porch. Larry put a board on the box with staples protruding out to stop them but one of the birds keeps coming back, it simply roosts on top of the staples. Its like the staples don't both it at all.

 

Bird roosting on the porch

 

I started the day doing the Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 2 minutes and 1 second to complete, which put me in 21st place in my group.

Larry started working on another paper project, which is an eagle. 

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 Four Couples at 11:00. We had 19 folks logged in for the two A1 tips and 18 for the A2 tips. Dayle did an outstanding job of cueing and telling us where we should be. We had a great time.

Second was Don Moger's Weekly C1 at 12:00. We had 32 participants. Don walked us through moves we were having problems with. He jokes around all the time and is a lot of fun.

Third was Di Green's Weekly C1 Workshop at 2:00. She had 34 participants. I did this dance by myself. She danced by herself because Terry's right leg still hurts. The moves Di worked on were Cross By, Tally Ho From Lines and other moves the dancers requested. I had a fun afternoon dancing with Di and our virtual friends.

While I was dancing Larry mowed the yards, weedeated and blew off the drive. We have had so much rain our yards are growing fast so we have to mow once a week. Before Larry mowed he made sure that the grass wasn't wet. He did an excellent job.

 

Larry mowing the backyard

Larry mowing the frontyard

After the last dance Larry cleaned the kitchen drains with baking soda, vinegar and boiling water. He used this method a couple of weeks ago and it really helped so he thought he would do it again as a preventative measure.

When he finished cleaning the drains I made a pizza using the rest of the Phyllo pastry dough. It came out good.

 

Pepperoni Pizza

In the evening we watched another movie on IMDb TV called Woman In Gold. It was a biographical movie about Maria Altmann, a Jewish refugee, who hires a young lawyer and they take on the Austrian government to recover artwork that was stolen from her family by the Nazis. It was a good movie. Afterwards I started watching the fourth season of The Commander. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which kept me in 2nd place in my group.

   


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth