Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Tuesday 6-15 Apple Empanadas & New Vacuum Cleaner

 

Awesome Day

Larry gets up at 6:00 am and does his morning routine. He has Alexa turn on the living room and kitchen cabinet lights, opens the blinds and puts out the bird feeder. While he was doing his routine he looked at the security camera and saw a doe and fawn walking across the driveway. Awesome beginning to start the day.

 

Come on kid

I started the day doing the Daily Challenges and Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 18 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00. This week Dayle needed to leave early but he was still able to call three tips. We had 17 participants. Like always we had a great time dancing to Dayle and with our friends.

Second was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 at 1:30. This week Terry helped Di call the A1 tips. Terry's leg was felling better so he danced most of the dance, which helped a lot. We had 28 participants for the five tips of A1, 26 participants for the five tips of A2 and 22 participants for the four couples A2 tip. I danced the A1 hour by myself and Larry joined me for the A2 hour. We had a fun afternoon dancing to Di and Terry.

Third was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00. Don called five tips with 35 participants. Everyone had a super time.

I had some leftover caramel apple filling so I decided to make apple empanadas. They came out delicious.

 

Apple Empanadas

My vacuum cleaner is very old and the hose is about to split open. It still works but has seen better days. While looking for parts to repair it Larry came across a bunch of battery operated vacuums. He spent quite a bit of time researching them and ordered one. 

My old vacuum is a Kenmore canister, it is very bulky and easy to crash into the walls with. The new one is very lite weight, easy to use, easy to store and gets in the corners and close to walls. The vacuum has three speeds. The battery last about a half hour. When the vacuum is on it has lights. So far it is terrific. One downside is they are basically a throw away item, when something goes wrong with it you will never be able to get parts so you will have to throw it away and get something else. On the other hand it was about 1/3 the cost of replacing my old vacuum with a similar one and it is so much easier to use. It also has attachments to make it a handheld vacuum and even came with a short flexible hose. It probably would not work well on carpet but since we have no carpet that is not a problem. It does have a beater bar but it is small and I am sure using it on carpet would quickly drain the battery.

 

Old Vacuum

 

New vacuum

Using my new vacuum

After our last dance we started watching The Indian Doctor on PBS. PBS had made all three seasons available. We watched two episodes and it's good so far. I finished watching Gortimer Gibbons Live On Normal Street, it had a great ending. Then I watched Jesse Stone: Stone Cold. I have watched this movie many times and still like it. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.  



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth