Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Saturday 6-5 Saturday Night Fever Dance

 

The rain has gone but the clouds stayed around. The temperatures were in the low 80s and high humidity. It was a beautiful day.

We started the day out going grocery shopping. We returned to town in the afternoon because the UPS Store received a package for us. 

Last week Larry received a new battery for one of our cell phones, he was able to get the phone apart and replace the battery but the new battery would not charge. He contacted the seller who asked him to send him a couple of pictures. The seller then mailed another battery. That was the package waiting for us at the UPS Store. When we got home Larry put it in the phone and it also will not charge. He can put the old battery back into the phone and it charges fine so he believes there is something wrong with the aftermarket replacements. It was a really inexpensive phone that he uses for a backup and experiments so it is not worth spending much money on. He will play around with it to see if he could figure out why it won't charge.

Larry finished assembling two patriotic eagles. It is difficult to see in the picture but the chest is silver glitter. They came out cute and beautiful.

   Eagle

While Larry was making the eagles I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Pyramid). It took me 2 hours, 56 minutes and 6 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. It took me forever to complete the last spider game, which was an expert level.

In the afternoon I baked brownies for dessert.

 

Brownies

We attended Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever Dance at 6:00. This week he invited Eric Henerlau out of California to help call the dance. We had 55 participants for the A2 tips and 40 for the C1 tips. Don usually calls a C2 tip but this week he noticed there weren't too many C2 dancers so he decided to call an extra A2 and C1 tip. Don and Eric called 2 A2 tips a piece and called the fifth tip together. They called 1 C1 tip a piece and the third tip together. This was the first time we ever danced to Eric and he was very good. We had a super evening of dancing to Don and Eric and friends.

After the dance we watched The Addams Family on Amazon. It was a cartoon version and was cute. Then I watched two more episodes of the fourth season of The Commander. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. I was pushed out of 2nd place because the person now in 2nd did 44,500 steps. I still had fun doing my steps. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth